IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks. I'll add that to my book list.
At the risk of sounding extremely petty and clueless, I do find a phenomenon curious among many Black women. I've no idea if the author's hair is naturally straight, but many Black women I've encountered have spent an inordinate amount of time and money straightening their hair. To some extent, this could be taken as an assessment that European/White women's hair is more attractive than Black women's hair. Personally, I find such an idea ludicrous as I've always felt tightly curled hair was far more attractive than long, straight hair. I can't imagine ever having the chutzpah to ask directly, but I'd like to hear from Black women who do straighten their hair why they do that and if they don't think that at some level (perhaps even unconsciously) they are succumbing to the notion of White beauty by doing so.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New ~Wonderment here; alas
The Black-Woman confidante I would dare ask ..has become hors de combat :-/

Why do scenes from Being There appear in full-color in mind's-eye.. now so often, upon taking in the latest Ludicrosity?
[is that a Word?])
Expand Edited by Ashton Aug. 7, 2020, 03:56:34 PM EDT
     Factoid: the III-Reich sent people to study the U. S. South ... ... for Tips! - (Ashton) - (2)
         Thanks. I'll add that to my book list. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             ~Wonderment here; alas - (Ashton)

Ruh-roh...
33 ms