IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think it is that no job was at least 40 hours.
Annie Frodeman often worked 40 hours a week or more — full time by most lights. She just worked them at two jobs.
She was working two part-time jobs.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New That sounds unlikely
Wages of all sources are combined to determine eligibility. Hours and number of employers do not directly play into it. {If only full-time workers qualified, half the state would be eligible for ANFC the second they lose a job. VT is a rural state and small farms are going the way of the dodo. Chittenden county, with Burlington as the center, is the only area with a growing economic base. The other 13 counties are generally in precarious condition. If Canada ever opens the maple sugar spigot, we'll really be hurtin'.)

Reasons for disqualification: not having worked 4 consecutive quarters in an 18 month base period, not having at least one quarter above a minimum income amount, or having the income of the lowest quarter being less than 40% of the highest quarter.

The floor is tied to the minimum wage and is now $2386. (At $10.50/hour, that comes to ~17 hrs/week.)

Based on the information available, she likely fell short of the base period. But I think that limitation is similar nationwide as it is part of the pay-as-you-go system. (Other possibility is the 40% trap, but then it looks like one of the jobs is way overstated.)

Gory details. They are accurate. I didn't link to the VT DOL because that involves downloading a PDF.

(Sad thing is that, overall, I do agree with their premise that the gig crap is toxic and it further undermines whatever is left of any safety nets. It's just that they could have picked a better fitting example, even in VT.)
New Yep, no mention of 40 hours.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     some more financial knee on the necks of the poor. - (boxley) - (21)
         Attaching fines and fees because of *their* overpayment is so much wrong -NT - (drook)
         That sucks! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         THIS measures exactly: our nearness-next to Insurrection, I wot. - (Ashton) - (11)
             will be sending a redacted email to the governor comissioner of mdes and local news - (boxley) - (10)
                 :-) -NT - (Ashton) - (9)
                     sent to governor mdes and local news outlet - (boxley) - (8)
                         Fingers crossed + experience: - (Ashton)
                         Similar situation in VT. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                             Something does not compute - (scoenye) - (4)
                                 You possess the Chops--care to pulse the Writer on exactly that allegation? join War-on-Disinfo! ;^> -NT - (Ashton)
                                 I think it is that no job was at least 40 hours. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                     That sounds unlikely - (scoenye) - (1)
                                         Yep, no mention of 40 hours. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                             Yeah ..we are drowned in uncountable [N+] recursive GOTCHA!s ... with few brains in sight or sound. - (Ashton)
         That's fucked. -NT - (jake123)
         update, I never heard back from anyone - (boxley) - (5)
             I wonder how many just paid it -NT - (drook) - (2)
                 how many unemployed have 10.3k in their back pocket? - (boxley) - (1)
                     Exactly that -NT - (drook)
             This is a common solution mode. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Understandable, that. (One worries about those who lack the skill-set) to Engage successfully :-/ -NT - (Ashton)

Please engage brain before pressing keys and clicking mouse.
76 ms