IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Comet NEOWISE.
That's NASA's acronym "Near-Earth Object Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer".

NY Times: Comet NEOWISE: How to See It in Night Skies
Enjoy it while you can. The frozen ball of ice won’t return to the inner solar system for 6,800 years.

It's supposed to be be visible after sunset to those of us in the Northern hemisphere.

I haven't seen it yet, but it should be way better than Haley's comet in 1986 that I was looking forward to see. You needed binoculars to see much. Haley's, showing up every 75/76 years, has a long history. Mark Twain famously said:
I came in with Halley's comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it. It will be the greatest disappointment of my life if I don't go out with Halley's comet. The Almighty has said, no doubt: 'Now here are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Thanks! I blasted my far flung family about it. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Thanks.. loved Clemens' ƒeare-less and spot-on! pre-Memoriam! ..a Giant amidst pygmies.
     Comet NEOWISE. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
         Thanks! I blasted my far flung family about it. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Thanks.. loved Clemens' ƒeare-less and spot-on! pre-Memoriam! ..a Giant amidst pygmies. -NT - (Ashton)

And three Venezuelan llamas!
42 ms