IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm whining
So a week ago I had a good day. A good day for me means I can go up and down the steps without regard to dying. Really, my ankles give out, and my steps are f****** dangerous. Have you ever seen steps where they put the support system cut into the steps a third into it giving you just the middle third to actually walk or you're going to hit the support system and twist your ankle anyway?

My steps are crazy dangerous.

So anyway I have a day of doing errands when I can actually move around and I'm going up and down the steps a half a dozen times. And I assume I dislocated the joint leading to my left big toe. I can't be sure because my joints pop in and out all the time, but when it happens to my feet it leaves damage.

So the next day I get out of bed and I step on my left foot and I have a knife shooting through that joint. And then it gets progressively worse where it pulses. And then it gets to the point I can't allow the blanket to move the toe or it'll trigger the middle of the foot to go f*** you.

So it's a tiny bit swollen. I know real damage swollen, I've broken an ankle. It's nothing to that level of pain or swelling, but it is not to be f***** with. It wants to kill me.

The first day or so I had to crab walk. It hurt my knees too much to go hands and knees forward. But I could crab walk.

I got drugs. Prescribed of course. But I milk them for months. I never want my doctor to think I'm abusing the substances they prescribe me so I use them in worst case scenarios. No real opioids, I haven't hit that point yet, but Soma is ass-kicking in the short-term. Mix it with an opioid and it would kill me in a blink though. It wears off too fast though. So I'm going to have to go call the doctor and have that discussion.

I spent a lot of time when I was a kid on crutches. I've had my knee operated on when I was a little kid. I had some serious upper body strength because I would be running down the hall on crutches in school. For months at a time. And then my shoulders started to dislocate. So I can't do that anymore.

I spent many years on a variety of NSAIDs and muscle relaxants and fake opioids such as tramadol. I have one brother that pukes blood from the NSAIDs and another that years on a narcotic death spiral that he managed to pull out. I am very careful. I touch as little as possible except for in these situations.

After I crabwalk or hop down the steps I have an office rolly chair. I drop down in that sucker and I can zip around with no pain. Hell I might even do some dishes today.

Hey Drook: how you doing? Is there a resolution in sight? Take comfort in that you will heal.

And so will I. This has happened about a dozen times in my life and I know it will pass.
New This aircast boot is amazing
I can walk in it with very little regard for the foot. I just don't feel anything unless I twist it, like getting in a car without thinking.

I take it off at night, and I can walk on my heel without pain. This morning getting out of bed I accidentally put a little weight on my toes and I felt it, but nothing major.

Today I'm scheduling my 3-week follow-up, where hopefully they'll confirm that it's knitting straight. Then it should be 3 more weeks and I can take the boot off and start rehabbing the muscles that have been moving.
--

Drew
     I'm whining - (crazy) - (1)
         This aircast boot is amazing - (drook)

All gravitas is local.
62 ms