IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lima Beans with Vegetables
I have completed a walk though all the clovegarden.com recipes to detect those that were never quite finished, indexed, and sent up to the site. There were far more than I expected, including some gems.

I was able to complete the majority of them, but ended up with 75 that needed a redo, a rewrite, or especially a new photo.

I'm now working on those 75. Today, for lunch, I did a Turkish recipe which desperately needed a new photo, and style update to current standards. It turned out to be one of the best multi-use vegetarian recipes I've seen.

Lima Beans with Vegetables.

Another thing I've done is made a master index to the Musica Donavania spreads I've presented.

Worlwide Party Menus

Alas, there will be no additions to that menu for the rest of this year.
New OT: Looking at the “In Memoriam” section...
The church where you were baptized was a short walk from where I lived in the Lower East Side section of NYC. The next place my parents moved to was on 1st Avenue near 12th Street was even closer.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Off topic discussions are strictly allowed.
Personally, I have no memories of living in New York, having spent only the first few weeks of my life there.

We did drive through fairly often during my early childhood. I remember there were still horse drawn wagons in use there, and a lot of electric flatbed trucks. I saw all the great ocean liners of the day, as we passed under their bows. I always wanted to see a battleship. As a small child, I thought it would be really huge. Once there was one at one of the docks, but to my surprise, it was so low I could not see the hull, only the superstructure.
New Question about the formatting:
I'm not up on recipe conventions, so I'm curious as to why some ingredients are BOLD UPPERCASE and other are just Bold Capitalized.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Re: Question about the formatting:
That is strictly my conventions to make it easier for me to read the next time I do it, and should be helpful for others as well.

All ingredients are in bold where used. Those that will need special attention, such as cutting or other preparation, are in bold all caps the first place they appear, generally the place where they will need attention. This helps prevent surprises.

Ingredients that need no prep, such as oil, vinegar, etc. never appear in all caps.

My objective is to be able to do the recipe quickly, and accurately, despite being distracted by other matters.
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus July 10, 2020, 10:01:02 PM EDT
New Makes sense, thanks!
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Are you tracking duplicates?
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook July 10, 2020, 10:19:52 PM EDT
New Re: Are you tracking duplicates?
Yes, and thanks for pointing that one out. This site, having been in constant revision for 15 years, there are some artifacts to be dealt with.

It's a problem I found scattered in the orphaned recipes,but fortunately, none of those had been sent up to the site. About 6 times I spent significant time finishing and updating a recipe only to find it had already been revised under a different name.

Anything I can find, or that anyone else brings up, I will immediately fix. It is clear that in these Dog pages, one is legitimate (the top line is black with squared ends) and the other is an obsolete version that escaped being deleted (the top line is dark gray with rounded ends).

I will delete the old one and then run the Zoom indexer, which will tell me of anything that had been pointing to the now missing page.

Thanks again.
New Interesting.
I'd be interested to know where you found a link to the obsolete version. I have removed it and your link no longer works, but Zoom did not find a broken link.
New The Google machine
Do you use any analytics? The Google webmaster interface tells me when external pages are linking to missing pages on my site, or if they have anything indexed that isn't in my sitemap.

Actually that might work. I think there's a tool where you can point Google at your sitemap and it will tell you if their index is different, even if you don't use their analytics.
--

Drew
New Re: The Google machine
I get a monthly analaysis from Google search, but it doesn't complain about that. Google Analytics is useless to me. I have over 5000 pages every one of which is an entry point. I have analytic's code on my home page, and it typically reports 450 visitors per month.

Google search reports over 30,000 clicks and nearly 3,000,000 impressions per month (whatever those things mean).

From Google Search Analysis, India has been my second largest audience for several months now, with UK, Canada, Philippines and Australia not far behind.
New needs smoked ham hocks :-)
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Well, of course we know that . . .
. . but I have to offer some stuff. however inferior, for the uppity vegetarians - we don't want them to starve - it'd stink up the place.
     Lima Beans with Vegetables - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
         OT: Looking at the “In Memoriam” section... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Off topic discussions are strictly allowed. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Question about the formatting: - (malraux) - (2)
             Re: Question about the formatting: - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Makes sense, thanks! -NT - (malraux)
         Are you tracking duplicates? - (drook) - (4)
             Re: Are you tracking duplicates? - (Andrew Grygus)
             Interesting. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 The Google machine - (drook) - (1)
                     Re: The Google machine - (Andrew Grygus)
         needs smoked ham hocks :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Well, of course we know that . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

I see you're making a vacuous presentation!

Would you like help with this feature?

90 ms