IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New in the 70's in england the local yout's asked me what kind of machine gun I owned
how many folks got killed in the bars on saturday night. All they know of america was from the movies.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Right - and unfortunately for the Russians . . .
. . they learned all about Capitalism from C and D level gangster movies - thus Putin and his pals.
New It couldn't have been "all movies" in the UK.
Over 1,600,000 American servicemen and women were in Great Britain as the invasion was launched. Numbers dwindled thereafter, but as late as April 30, 1945 there were still over 224,000 airmen, 109,000 communications zone troops, and 100,000 in hospitals or preparing to serve as individual replacements.

https://www.abmc.gov/news-events/news/americans-great-britain-world-war-ii-online-interactive-released
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Stahp.
You asked a question, I answered it.

I will talk slowly, as if to a small child:

We just. didn't. care. about. American. domestic. news. and. events. There. were very. few. ways. of. getting. it. even. if. we. did.

The vast majority of those military personnel were on American bases where they had little to no interaction with The Limeys, other than getting pissed in the local pub.

And then, very shortly afterwards, the vast, vast majority of them fucked off home, as you would expect.
     Euro take on dis-US's crumbling future re any 'trans-Pacific-Alliance' ... and implications. - (Ashton) - (21)
         We're finally achieving the world title we should have had since 1980. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (20)
             Err, ~1620? if we look for Root-causes.. - (Ashton) - (19)
                 IME, it didn't necessarily take truthiness. - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                     Not gonna happen -NT - (drook) - (14)
                         YM rebuild US reputation? Naah, I'm with Droo: That peaked forever somewhere between JFK and Reagan. -NT - (CRConrad) - (13)
                             Also, Obama was wildly popular outside the US -NT - (pwhysall) - (12)
                                 Peaked in Europe following WWII and Marshall Plan? - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                     I think you're conflating two things that don't need conflating. - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                         Disagree. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                             You answer your own question - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                 Willful? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     Now you're just being obtuse. - (pwhysall)
                                             in the 70's in england the local yout's asked me what kind of machine gun I owned - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 Right - and unfortunately for the Russians . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                 It couldn't have been "all movies" in the UK. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     Stahp. - (pwhysall)
                                     A) Yes, and B) What a stupid question and statement. - (CRConrad)
                                     And to a large extent, they still don't care. Or at least, not in a way to make things better. - (scoenye)
                     Thanks ... good to realize your take, then. - (Ashton)
                     I am not "around the world", but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         I'll FIFY: s/The women's vote was instrumental/The White women's vote was instrumental/ -NT - (mmoffitt)

At the end of the day, it's still North Dakota.
59 ms