IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Software shouldn't be flying space/aircraft. Pilots should.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New SpaceX return and recycle wouldn't be a thing without software.
Like it or not software is here to stay. It's a lever, just need to make sure it's being pushed correctly.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New wait what
Somewhere north of 80% of all air accidents are pilot error.

Your viewpoint is emotionally-driven, not scientific.
New LRPD: It's Zeus. He's taking you away to the Acropolis.
Believe human/machine argumentation shall persist for another decade (if we get such..)
To my simple mindfluff: a schism appears when you consider the Boolean thing: Yes, software Can accommodate lots of what-went-wrong events
--all those 'you' managed to add-to-list just at Final Cut.

Brains gots Reason, that realm which exceeds any 'disaster-planning-made-Boolean' at its core. Problem with your stat (also human-caused, partially)
is that investigators' methodology ends often [in my readings--not encyclopedic] without reporting 'discussions' along the way as led to -->
"must be pilot error; all the machines seemed to be working OK" (whether or not, in the event: they could have been 'aware-of' such a clusterfuck-as-This-one
had not been planned-for in the s/ware.

Moi just amateur in your field of chops, but recall: some certified-Engineers managed to plan rafts of planes wherein the Over-riding-Mondo joystick
for both pilots:was placed out-of-MUTUAL-sight ... by each's thigh, but especially: the Co-chair's.
(Read that crash-report meticulously, maybe you did too?)

Carrion. I concede that Stats do show that: these self-flying /No! we won't let you Do That! aircraft.. are not dropping from the skies with any regularity, last I heard.
So I could be Rong in my assessment; nevertheless: an absence of in-sight TANDEM controls in a cockpit means: I won't fly within your Euro-fabs' creations.
Just ONE event of the now more-than-one cases of a bonkers Copilot means: I side with the already-Dead.
     Boeing has issues with more than just atmospheric craft. - (malraux) - (7)
         I tested the beginning and the end, we're good - (drook) - (2)
             you always test in prod -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 worked at a few places that did just that - (lincoln)
         Software shouldn't be flying space/aircraft. Pilots should. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             SpaceX return and recycle wouldn't be a thing without software. - (malraux)
             wait what - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 LRPD: It's Zeus. He's taking you away to the Acropolis. - (Ashton)

The Food icon is not food.
66 ms