IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Family politics, okay you old f**** what do I do
And when I say family I mean M.
She's got old buddies. She's on the easy side of the race and religion barrier so she's always been on top in the personal interaction. She gets to pretend to be a jew with my last name, but it's not real.

So now she's trying to convince her Trump buddies. I say it's over. If you're a trump buddy at this point you've made up your mind and you're either an a****** or moron.

This equates to death of the friends. Which in turn gets blamed on me. What do I do? If I push this viewpoint I'm enemy. If I don't I am merely acquiescing to the status quo.
New Has she ever seen a zombie movie? Ask her if she'd stay friends with someone bitten after they turn.
New She was the zombie
Somewhat. Grew up in inner city neighborhood. Had the same influences as these people. Very insolar neighborhood.

But she grew up. She had her bubble popped. She had many years of racial fighting due to her own family intermarrying.

So she actually grew out of the same influences that these people did. But she had a very different influences very early on. So they're not irreversible zombies to her.
New anyone who, in 2020, still supports Trump
…self-identifies as a moral monster. Times past, I’ve read novels set in the UK in the interwar period, in which friendships are strained or ruptured altogether on the question of opposing or supporting/tolerating the rise of fascism. The past few years have given me a sharper appreciation of those literary conflicts.

Doing a quick survey of my friendships—the longest-standing of these goes back to the Kennedy administration—I can think offhand of just two individuals to whom I would not administer the cut direct were they to come out in support of Trump. It helps that they’d be vanishingly unlikely to do this: David Duke might as plausibly hold a fundraiser for the Southern Poverty Law Center. But anyone else? Fuck ’em, and fuck the principled abstention crowd as well.

I can understand how people might have blown off the 2016 election, or voted for the Sparkly Unicorns Farting Rainbows Party, since there was a widespread perception that the contest was in the bag for Team HRC. I can even (dimly) understand, without waxing too censorious, what might have motivated certain categories of Trump voters. Not all of ’em: some heard the dog whistles and thought “Right on! A racist, misogynistic sociopath is just what the country needs just now.” Nor am I disposed to forgive the “Let’s burn it all down for shits and giggles” crowd, or their only slightly less responsible “heighten the contradictions” counterparts.

Still, there are those who voted for Trump because they’d internalized the whole “hate Hillary” thing they’d been fed for twenty-five years. She was evil and corrupt, and Trump was the lesser of the perceived two evils. I’m guessing that some of these voters may have had second thoughts.

There were the people who believed that “we need a businessman in charge,” and the others who felt that “we need an outsider to shake things up.” Here again, I venture to hope that buyers’ remorse has set in with some of these.

That’s about as far as I’m prepared to extend my presumption of good intentions looking back. Anyone who, after the carnival of horrors and atrocities to which the rest of us have been the captive audience since the moment his tiny hand came off the Bible, is prepared to vote for the fiend’s return to office, thus proclaims himself a vicious sociopath, and well deserves all contumely, abuse and shunning that may come. I have one Facebook “friend”—she was my future ex-wife’s best friend in high school; today runs a tiny general store in rural Colorado—who is fervent in support of Trump. I heap abuse upon her, but she has for some reason yet to follow the sensible example of a couple of cousins and “unfriend” me.

As to the principled abstainers, I am censorious and bewildered, like the principals in those English novels of eighty years ago.

cordially,
New Good thing Trump's man in Colorado's 3rd district was defeated!
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/30/politics/scott-tipton-loses-lauren-boebert-colorado/index.html

Tipton was widely believed to be the front runner in the race before Tuesday evening.
"Congressman @ScottRTipton is a great supporter of the #MAGA Agenda! He fights for your #2A rights and the Border Wall," the President tweeted on Monday. "Scott is working hard for Colorado and has my Complete and Total Endorsement! #CO03."

But Boebert, a political newcomer, was able to gain meaningful support in the state as she positioned herself as a candidate more aligned with Trump's agenda. The President congratulated her on "a really great win" in a Tuesday evening tweet.

Oh, wait... :-(

As with COVID, we're not quite out of the woods with this plague yet either. One can only hope she loses in an avalanche come November.

(Our nearest local teabagger, Elise Stepanik, upstate NY, is doubling down on the Donald too.)
New Not really
She is far worse than the guy she is replacing. she's crazy off the deep end bat s*** insane Qanon theorist supporter.
New ask them if they wash their hands after taking a dump
if the answer is yes, ignore the trump factor

saw a ramshackle falling down clapboard house with a huge sign
trump 2020 time to cut the bullshit

no if that isnt a prime clue that they do not inhabit the same world as the rest of us and live in an alternate reality, nothing does.

so the same as a relative who is a crack or methead say howdy and lockup the silverware
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Family politics, okay you old f**** what do I do - (crazy) - (6)
         Has she ever seen a zombie movie? Ask her if she'd stay friends with someone bitten after they turn. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
             She was the zombie - (crazy)
         anyone who, in 2020, still supports Trump - (rcareaga) - (2)
             Good thing Trump's man in Colorado's 3rd district was defeated! - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Not really - (crazy)
         ask them if they wash their hands after taking a dump - (boxley)

When things get creepy... blame it on the Boogie!
57 ms