IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New There are a lot of reaction vids that are blatant copyright rips
Where it's literally just full episodes of whatever with someone in a boxout making an occasional :O face. YouTube will inevitably move from demonetisation to straight-up takedowns.
New The general advice is interrupt often
No idea if it matters enough.

I know I really enjoy the moment by moments of the various music videos and his reactions as the story unfolds or it kicks into a jam session he wasn't expecting then he pauses to do some commentary, then starts up again.

It is annoying as hell and I appreciate that if it wasn't annoying then he would essentially be entertaining me with someone else's video.

As far as I'm concerned that type of presentation should drive people to the actual original music video or other music by that artist.
New I prefer the thoughtful analysis.
The two I know of actually have relevant experience to add to the reaction.

The first has done music and video production for years and will often critique MVs in those ways. He will talk about the colouring of a MV, for instance, and the lighting and editing as well as how the music works. He will often view the MV twice in the reaction video - the first time straight through with a few comments, and the second time he will pause it for more detailed comments.

The second has been studying classical music theory and musicianship and roped in a whole heap of fellow musicians to react to music. They comment on extraordinary details about the music, like unusual chords or voicing.

Reaction videos where fans simply gush over the latest video don't do anything for me.

Wade.
New There several vocal coaches who do them
It's great to see someone who knows what they're talking about, first of all explaining *why* it's so good, and then when even they gush at the amazing performances.
--

Drew
New I saw one about K-pop dances.
Professional choreographer assembled her list of difficult and very difficult dances and lauded why the artists who pulled it off did so so well. Gave me an insight into a couple of idols I hadn't really paid attention to.

Wade.
     Jamal reaction videos are great - (crazy) - (7)
         His videos on ELO are also excellent. I really enjoy his content. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Reaction videos are a big thing on Youtube. - (static) - (5)
             There are a lot of reaction vids that are blatant copyright rips - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 The general advice is interrupt often - (crazy)
                 I prefer the thoughtful analysis. - (static) - (2)
                     There several vocal coaches who do them - (drook) - (1)
                         I saw one about K-pop dances. - (static)

But if you're not fond of offal, they're prolly not good.
119 ms