Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I took that as a joke.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Correctly.
     Time for the Veepstakes! - (malraux) - (55)
         if Joe coughs out, who has the chops for a second term win should be the answer -NT - (boxley)
         Simplest take, then.. - (Ashton) - (1)
             At this point only one thing matters - (drook)
         Watching Kamala Harris during the Kavanaugh confirmation clinched it for me. - (a6l6e6x) - (48)
             It's essential to energise the youth vote - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 Unarguable that.. a Sqreaker all the --> way to ... the last hours.{sob} -NT - (Ashton)
                 Rachel Bitecofer says things are so polarized in the USA now that... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     The numbers don't lie - (drook)
             I like Kamala too, but... - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 But who's better? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     dick_nixon likes Warren. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Re: dick_nixon likes Warren. - (pwhysall)
                     I like bottoms - (boxley)
                 She's certainly a lightweight when it comes to the English language (see below) -NT - (mmoffitt)
             There was one thing about her questioning I found profoundly troubling. - (mmoffitt) - (37)
                 My God! That's the most disturbing thing I've ever heard! -NT - (drook) - (17)
                     I KNOW!!1 -NT - (Another Scott) - (16)
                         If we've learned nothing from Covid, we should have learned that incompetence kills. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                             Your standard for incompetent is ... not useful? Yeah, not useful. -NT - (drook) - (14)
                                 Are you really that thick? Or are you just playing. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                     Yes, words matter ... but *those* words are the ones you're hung up on? -NT - (drook) - (12)
                                         As I said in the preamble, my father was an English teacher. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                             That's a great endorsement - (drook)
                                             You're an odd duck, Mike. - (malraux) - (9)
                                                 Merriam-Webster recently admitted that: Yes, they Do make MIstreaks (too) - (Ashton) - (8)
                                                     Infer can be used active - (drook) - (5)
                                                         Sorry, but.. [edited] - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                             One of us doesn't know what "passive voice" means - (drook) - (3)
                                                                 Mc Sweeneys.. unimaginable a few decades past.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                     I think you're saying ... you liked it? :-) - (drook) - (1)
                                                                         That line is indeed, Boffo :-0 - (Ashton)
                                                     Addressed here: - (malraux) - (1)
                                                         Well Done! (I'll nearly-always bow to successfully pellucid argumentation :-) - (Ashton)
                 Am I to imply from your comment - (rcareaga) - (14)
                     Not at all. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                         Whoosh -NT - (drook)
                         Re: Not at all. - (pwhysall) - (9)
                             Am I a prosecutor or running for high office? No. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                 Ahem - (drook) - (2)
                                     I took that as a joke. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Correctly. -NT - (rcareaga)
                                 It's not. It's a slip of the tongue. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                     I'm not trying to convince anyone. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                         The word has been used that way for 400 years -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                             As has a certain song, "I Wish I Was in Dixie, Hurrah! Hurrah!", er ;^> - (Ashton)
                                         So, you did not sense that she had second thoughts after she said it? - (a6l6e6x)
                         You're trolling us, aren't you? Well done. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     I see what you did there. -NT - (Ashton)
                 Oh, ffs. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     politically prosecuting unwinnable cases to get elected is a little worse -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         ..now that was Cute truthiness :-) ..try to Go-->there ... more often(?) -NT - (Ashton)
                 (Always a pleasure) to acknowledge a cohort ..in One's Outlier-Club, oft despised by masses :-) - (Ashton)
         for Susan Rice - (lincoln) - (2)
             Quite a good Atta-girl! pitch (mayhap 'She' needs to be darker hued..?) considering The Times. -NT - (Ashton)
             She's more than qualified. - (a6l6e6x)

Reply with that mantra and - I won't ever be seeing your unread gloat.
338 ms