IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Persians.
One of my cookbooks (by an Iranian) explained in the introduction: the country has always been Iran. Persian is name Iranians were called by the Greeks. The writer said that today, due to the confused and unstable religio-political situation, many Iranians use "Iran" for the country and stuff regarding the country, but prefer "Persian" for matters of culture and cuisine.
New But the name for the language, "farsi", izzat their own or from the Grecians?
(Channelling my inner Dubya.)
New Looks like the Greeks weren't far off.
The main region of Iran, and seat of empires, is Fars, the large province in the southwest, and that's where the language name comes from, but in old Persian (around 500 BCE), it was Pars, or Parsis.
     I'm often amazed at the price of imported foods . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
         Most of us can't drive to Viet Nam on two gallons of gas -NT - (drook) - (10)
             That's to Viet Nam AND BACK on 2 gallons. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                 Another.. ... Boffo! ;^> - (Ashton)
                 Is this-all so clear that everyone knows it? - (drook) - (1)
                     It's pretty inescapable. - (Andrew Grygus)
                 You have iranians!? - (crazy) - (5)
                     Re: You have iranians!? - (Andrew Grygus)
                     There are some in Charlotte. They call themelves Persians. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                         Persians. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                             But the name for the language, "farsi", izzat their own or from the Grecians? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Looks like the Greeks weren't far off. - (Andrew Grygus)

PDF the sucker to me. Prepaid.
97 ms