IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Are they roughly steak shaped, and do you want them to stay that way?
If yes, and if they're boneless, and if you sliced then across the fibers, then ...

I'd hammer them down to about the thickness of my index finger and season with salt and pepper. Then fry in a medium-high pan, and make a pan sauce while the steaks rest.

Alternative, season with Cajun seasoning and grill them.

If when you cut it up you're left with the muscle fibers running the long way through the cut, you need a now and slow method - I'd braise them - or keep cutting: cut into bite-sized pieces and do kabobs.
--

Drew
New Nope.
Full bone in rib roast. Essentially they are rib-eye steaks. The store had too many a while ago and did not have time to cut them so they put them on sale as full racks.

M asked me to cut them into steaks and I failed. I cut two away from three and then froze them.

So anyway, don't worry, I've been overthinking this. I did the following recipe on the pair last night.

https://www.food.com/recipe/cross-rib-roast-61718

That recipe is for an incredibly tough piece of meat. Applied to this meat it created the best tasting best textured steak I ever had in my life. I'm certainly going to do it to the other half.
New [facepalm] Somehow I read your initial post as a pork roast
I'd never pound out a ribeye, they're tender enough already.

I've done bone-in ribeyes before. Their method is pretty much exactly what I do, except that I do the first 15 minutes under the broiler.
--

Drew
     Hey Drook please give me a recipe - (crazy) - (3)
         Are they roughly steak shaped, and do you want them to stay that way? - (drook) - (2)
             Nope. - (crazy) - (1)
                 [facepalm] Somehow I read your initial post as a pork roast - (drook)

It is toilet- ka ka crap as in the egregiously unfunny and unwatchable SNL.
32 ms