IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Toying with a scamster
I’ve received an email purportedly from a novelist with whom I corresponded some years back but have never met. It began:
(6 June 2020—Subject line: “Hello From Ingrid Parker”; to “Undisclosed recipients”)

Good Morning,

How are you doing? Hope you and your family are safe and healthy ? I was wondering if i can get a quick favor from you.

Thanks,Stay safe.
I.J.

My reply:

Oh, certainly. You bet.

9 June 2020

Glad to hear from you.We are all doing good as well safe and healthy. I am sorry for any inconvenience this will cost you. I got a bad news this morning that I lost a child hood friend to the deadly COVID-19. I want to support the struggling family with a small donation. So I was going to ask if you could kindly help me send out a donation to them anytime you can today, I'll refund as soon as i can. Kindly let me know if that will be possible.

Thanks,Stay Safe.
I.J.

My reply:

I see. How would I go about doing this?

9 June

Rand,

Thanks so much, I want you to donate the total sum of $500. Can you help me get the donation sent directly to their Zelle account .I'll appreciate whatsoever amount you can afford.I promise to refunds it back.

Here is the details.

Name : Roberta Wiggins

Email: ( Robinwiggins2767@gmail.com )

Once you are done.Kindly get back to me with the payment confirmation screenshot. Waiting to hear back from you ASAP.

Thanks,Stay Safe.

My reply:

I don’t know how to send money electronically. Can’t I just mail a check?

You can sign up for a zelle app and it's associated with all US Bank accounts fast and easier to transfer within 10-20 mins

My reply:

Really, I’d feel uncomfortable with that. I pay all my bills with checks. I just don’t trust electronic banking. Sorry, but I’m an old guy, and set in my ways.
I suspect that the scamster is somewhere overseas, and that the appeal for a postal address will discourage further contact (although I’m trying to sound like a credulous duffer). I’ve emailed the author at the address formerly in use, and still listed on her website, advising her that her good name is being traduced.

cordially,
New Just be aware
Some of the miscreants can get quite abusive once they realize you're toying with them.
New Yeah, I considered that
My scamster says that her “friend” can’t transact paper checks. No problem, said I, I’ll make the check out to you. Where shall I mail it? Since then, crickets, which is where I’m disposed to leave it rather than concluding our correspondence with a hearty nyah-nyah-nyah.

cordially,
     Toying with a scamster - (rcareaga) - (2)
         Just be aware - (scoenye) - (1)
             Yeah, I considered that - (rcareaga)

Where the decent people won’t see what you’re up to.
32 ms