IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Found out the reason, finally...
It has to do with the authentication that's required going forward. POP and IMAP can't do (or at least are not allowed to do) what is going to be required (P I V), so we're moving to Exchange. It's not clear whether Outlook is going to be required, or if that's only what's going to be supported. (Linux users are looking at other client options.)

I pity the people who are having to study STIGs, though having it all written down in one place has advantages...

Cheers,
Scott.
New stigs are pretty dumb they have to be to deal with ISSO's
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Maintenance success: yahoo! - (rcareaga) - (32)
         Late? You were an early adopter. - (scoenye)
         Re: Maintenance success: yahoo! - (pwhysall) - (30)
             GMail still has an IMAP interface. - (static) - (29)
                 Yeah nah - (pwhysall) - (28)
                     Used to use Apple Mail, now Spark - (malraux) - (10)
                         "Apple Mail crashes and eats RAM/CPU" ..Hah! so it ain't just moi ..being Pun-ished :-þ - (Ashton)
                         People need to organise their shee; search isn't everything - (pwhysall) - (8)
                             everything comes to the in box, I am only interested in the wanted unread, search for anything else -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                 Yep. - (malraux) - (6)
                                     I bet you people have disgusting bookshelves, too. -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                         No, but my searchable Kindle books don't need folders either. -NT - (malraux) - (3)
                                             Searching only works when you know what you want to find. -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                 Usually a decent precondition for looking for something, yes. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                                     Swinky-LRPD: This must be true. They made a bumper sticker. -NT - (Ashton)
                                         ya think? - (boxley)
                     I put up with the labels idiocy. - (static) - (16)
                         IMAP... - (Another Scott) - (15)
                             Outlook supports sub-folders. - (static)
                             POP3? That shit should have been taken out behind the barn a long time ago. -NT - (pwhysall)
                             Some sort of Outlook server - (scoenye) - (12)
                                 I've forgotten the details. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                     Exchange is *awesome* at folders. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         Thanks. - (Another Scott)
                                     It is more an Outlook + Exchange thing v. IMAP - (scoenye) - (3)
                                         I’m gratified to have seeded a thread… - (rcareaga)
                                         Annoyingly, everything is proprietary now - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Coming late to the party - (jake123)
                                     Sounds like it might be a subtle bug in Thunderbird. - (static) - (2)
                                         When connecting with MS using an open standard, I wouldn't assume the OSS app has the bug -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                             Or could be two bugs, one in each. :-) - (static)
                                     Found out the reason, finally... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         stigs are pretty dumb they have to be to deal with ISSO's -NT - (boxley)

I have neither space nor cash nor latitude to adorn my house with any more things with CPUs in them.
111 ms