IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Historical comparison: 'Spanish Flu' -vs- Trump/Virus pandemic ..a cerebral one. With a Gotcha! end.
This program closes with a most-relevant conclusion re Where We Are Now, IMhO.
fwiw

City Arts and Lectures [npr/ podcast shortly]
Jia Tolentino & Jenna Wortham

On The Media
‘Obituaries’

On The Media examines what role the media play in our grieving and collective mourning process. The show speaks to Terry Parris Jr., the head of a New York City organization called "the City" that is attempting to gather obituaries for every single New Yorker who has died from the coronavirus. The effort, he says, is to turn numbers and data back into individual people. Plus, Janice Hume, author of "Obituaries in American Culture," discusses the role newspapers have traditionally played in recording deaths, and what we can learn from those records over time.

[But more, Shirley best:]

Final ~20-min: an autopsy relating-directly the effects of Wilson's DJT-like clusterfuck: leading to U.S.'s hideous-numbers: thence resulting in,
~quote: The citizens' RECOGNITION that they had been fed pure-Bull-Shit-from the first.
This academician/Historian avers that THIS *mindset led incontrovertibly(!) to --> the 'infection' of Nazism + satelllites, thus --> WW-II.

* Try: the Repo mantra across All Years re 'Big-gummint'--Let Us think For You!. cha. cha. cha.
BUT: in Europe from 1930+ effects of the killing sanctions on Germany/thus dooming Weimar's ever achieving democracy.. via its killing-bankruptcy
(Durable, That: ISTR Bill Patient and a few echoing that non-think-Sentiment. And today it's as infectious as COVID) No?
(Effective too, ain't it?)

The United States of Amnesis ... now hourly erasing as much data as can be managed by, rm-r hda0 (IIRC) in a giant-WH-Script sent to all Agencies.
Nice tying-up any loose-ends, sorta.. innit? Now we can die, Knowingly of the thread-of-malice :-) Problem Solved.
New Key difference between Spanish Flu and COVID-19
Spanish Flu killed young healthy people. In fact, Spanish Flu gave very few fucks regarding who it killed.

By and large, COVID-19 does not, and children are by far the least affected. Every child who dies of COVID-19 is a news story, at local or regional level at least. If you are in reasonable shape and under 60, COVID-19 is a background risk, on par with needing to look both ways before crossing the road. Obviously, if you're older, in poor health, or have other conditions that make you vulnerable, getting COVID-19 is going to be about as much fun as an evening spent in Trump's underpants.

I have a view that as and when the constituent members of various populaces do the sums on their fingers and realise that they don't know anyone under 60 or without serious underlying conditions who has died of COVID-19, the toothpaste will at that point be out of the tube on a global level with respect to compliance with lockdowns, social distancing, and other control measures.
New Ah well, life expectancy has been climbing for too long anyway
--

Drew
New Unless you're a nurse or a physician or ...
The physician who blew the whistle on COVID-19 in China was in his 30s, IIRC.

https://www.wthr.com/article/nurses-and-after-covid-19-photos-show-effects-weeks-ventilator

PUBLISHED: MAY 25TH, 2020 - 4:07AM (EDT)UPDATED: MAY 25TH, 2020 - 4:07AM (EDT)

SAN FRANCISCO (TEGNA) — A San Francisco nurse who spent nearly every day in the gym is showing his before-and-after photos to display how catching COVID-19 dramatically affected his body. Mike Schultz said he wants it to serve as a warning as to how serious the coronavirus can be.

NBC Bay Area reports Schultz, 43, was 190 pounds and very fit. He also told BuzzFeed News he had no underlying health conditions. But he lost 50 pounds after spending six weeks in the hospital. Nearly all of that time was on a ventilator.

[...]

COVID-19 is nothing to be sanguine about. It's not like "the flu". It's more like smallpox - it can attack the body anywhere.

Nobody (who hasn't recovered from it) is immune.

There is no vaccine. A realistic one is years away before getting to everyone who needs it.

There is no effective treatment. (The only effective treatment is oxygen and trying to keep you alive long enough for your body to fight it off.)

"Recovery" can take months. (A woman on Balloon-Juice (TaMara) is recovering from a mild case that required no hospitalization, and she still feels like she was hit by a bus.)

Be careful...! Don't assume it's no big deal if you're not an oldster.

Wear a mask! Wash your hands!!

Cheers,
Scott.
("J's grandfather was a physician who was killed by the Spanish Flu when her father was around 2.")
New "I survived Ebola. I fear COVID-19."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdeHSkDCm58 (5:45)

AJ+ (May 24, 2020)

859K subscribers

Dr. Craig Spencer fought Ebola in West Africa while working with Doctors Without Borders, and now he’s an emergency room doctor in New York City, at the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic. This is a day in his life on the front line of the battle against COVID-19.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: "children are by far the least affected."
I can only recall two Covid-19 deaths of people under the age of fiften mentioned on the news: One boy, one girl; one Belgian, one British; one I think twelve, the other I think thirteen years of age. I think they were a thirteen-year-old Belgian girl and a twelve-year-old British boy, but I may have got the attributes mixed up.

But this was back in April or May. Dunno why I haven't heard of any others: Were they the only ones, or did it become so common that it isn't reported on any more?
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
     Historical comparison: 'Spanish Flu' -vs- Trump/Virus pandemic ..a cerebral one. With a Gotcha! end. - (Ashton) - (5)
         Key difference between Spanish Flu and COVID-19 - (pwhysall) - (4)
             Ah well, life expectancy has been climbing for too long anyway -NT - (drook)
             Unless you're a nurse or a physician or ... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 "I survived Ebola. I fear COVID-19." - (Another Scott)
             Re: "children are by far the least affected." - (CRConrad)

Just having a rest between bars...
56 ms