IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Beatles..! Woman who early-on created their Leitmotif: hair, clothers, Pix (Und I VAS DERE! then)
== IN HAMBURG in May 1960 (and Yes: even on The Reeperbahn ... within blocks? yards??) of The Cavern ..whence their gestation --> Universality was happening.
(Not making this up).

Fresh Air listens back to Terry Gross’ interviews with two people we lost recently. Fred Willard, who co-starred in sitcoms and film comedies, including “Fernwood 2Night,” “Everybody Loves Raymond,” “Anchorman” and “Waiting for Guffman.” And Astrid Kirchherr, who photographed the Beatles before they became famous and helped create their look.

[Interview in ~2006 w/Terry; she died recently.]

Backstory then (I'd never heard of Kirchherr's role, nor of "The Beatles"..then)

We (moi + SO) had arrived there, within The Grand Tour d'Europa de moi. Did know of what that city had experienced-via-Nazidom's curse. Walking about (too-ignorantly /callow youts) ... a (clearly-Student, thought moi) 20 yo woman approached, engaged. I thought: she looks ~starving? (or just an odd consequence of bodily-'issues'). There was no implicit *'fee for Services' in this random hook-up ..and we welcomed her voluntary Lore (at least acknowledging our mondo-iggerance of the History she had endured--our lore being infinitesimal). Main Street for the Outrageous was, still is I guess, 'The Reeperbahn' (we learned).
* after an hour+ we insisted upon some remuneration; she would accept none. Finally cajoled her to pick out a raincoat--it was wet then; she had none, and we exchanged addresses. Ten years later she dropped in to my place in Berkeley: enroute to '70s China(!) thence --> [TMI]

ALAS.. neither We nor, apparently She, (Dorothée) yet-knew of the World-Phenom brewing!--mere footsteps away from our stroll.
[Ain't that: the PITS?] and I cannot say if we went right past The. Cavern.
{{Sob}}

This Fresh Air tale of Kirchherr's formative influence over their debut.. of How their Iconic-images were (visually)-Created, (based upon what she SAW)--within this quad [+2 drummers, duelling], of these 'Beautiful boys'--as she calls them--in retrospect can be called fairly: the perspicuity (..again!) of her vison, just THEN: this one person had grokked-to-Fullness ~what might Become. Usually such tales are made-up, for all obv. effects, pecuniary + Ego. But not this one: she has the Chops + provenance.

(En Fin: yess I Do believe that The Beatles Belong within the pantheon of the other classically-immortal purveyors of Real-music), our strongest shielding from the many shit-for-brainz irritants within 'Murican-liff' and re most liffs elsewhere.. for those who so rarely even glimpse a fully-conscious moment-of-LIfe.

So then, as The Plague(s) continue.. only rarely visited by spokespersons ... of Integrity, Informedness and Intelligence, I can survey over lots of Days, daze? within the daily-Maya experienced, from: Vincent- Vroom--> through keen-new Scientific adventures, traditional er, mutual-admiration-Societies a-deux, meeting Audrey sbout her flic, first! maybe.. seeing JFK feet-away in the limo, Etc. I CAN summarize that, I've Seen enough of the daily Stage-play (The Bard always wins the cubic-closest-packing sweepstakes).

While I'll give due-diligence to outfoxing the current Bio-hazards, the ongoing Moron-in-Charge clusterfuck-to-End all clusterfucks, boring-etc. What..? Me Worry?! remains the adequate antidote to ... Cosmic Humo(u)r, as I snot in the direction of --> The Worriers. :-)
New Neat story. Thanks very much. :-)
     Beatles..! Woman who early-on created their Leitmotif: hair, clothers, Pix (Und I VAS DERE! then) - (Ashton) - (1)
         Neat story. Thanks very much. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)

It is, however, a surprise that he's not been beaten to death with his own stapler.
39 ms