IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Exchange is *awesome* at folders.

(ETA: and yes, Outlook/Exchange fully supports having folders and messages in the same container)

Unfortunately, the world we live in means that for large organisations (and small tbh) the ability to enforce document and email retention policy (because lawyers) is paramount. Outlook/Exchange is a known-good solution to that issue.
Expand Edited by pwhysall May 22, 2020, 09:41:30 AM EDT
New Thanks.
I've been very happy with Thunderbird for ages, and while I see the advantages of IMAP I don't like the "can't put a message in a subfolder that has other subfolders" stuff limitation. I don't know if it's an e-mail archiving issue or what in our case, but it's annoying.

Just today I read on Balloon-Juice that someone is having to rebuild their Outlook store because it got corrupted. After all these years, stuff like that continues to make me look less-than-happily on having to move. Maybe the Exchange Server is less fragile now...

We'll see what happens. Exciting!!1

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Maintenance success: yahoo! - (rcareaga) - (32)
         Late? You were an early adopter. - (scoenye)
         Re: Maintenance success: yahoo! - (pwhysall) - (30)
             GMail still has an IMAP interface. - (static) - (29)
                 Yeah nah - (pwhysall) - (28)
                     Used to use Apple Mail, now Spark - (malraux) - (10)
                         "Apple Mail crashes and eats RAM/CPU" ..Hah! so it ain't just moi ..being Pun-ished :-þ - (Ashton)
                         People need to organise their shee; search isn't everything - (pwhysall) - (8)
                             everything comes to the in box, I am only interested in the wanted unread, search for anything else -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                 Yep. - (malraux) - (6)
                                     I bet you people have disgusting bookshelves, too. -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                         No, but my searchable Kindle books don't need folders either. -NT - (malraux) - (3)
                                             Searching only works when you know what you want to find. -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                 Usually a decent precondition for looking for something, yes. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                                     Swinky-LRPD: This must be true. They made a bumper sticker. -NT - (Ashton)
                                         ya think? - (boxley)
                     I put up with the labels idiocy. - (static) - (16)
                         IMAP... - (Another Scott) - (15)
                             Outlook supports sub-folders. - (static)
                             POP3? That shit should have been taken out behind the barn a long time ago. -NT - (pwhysall)
                             Some sort of Outlook server - (scoenye) - (12)
                                 I've forgotten the details. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                     Exchange is *awesome* at folders. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         Thanks. - (Another Scott)
                                     It is more an Outlook + Exchange thing v. IMAP - (scoenye) - (3)
                                         I’m gratified to have seeded a thread… - (rcareaga)
                                         Annoyingly, everything is proprietary now - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Coming late to the party - (jake123)
                                     Sounds like it might be a subtle bug in Thunderbird. - (static) - (2)
                                         When connecting with MS using an open standard, I wouldn't assume the OSS app has the bug -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                             Or could be two bugs, one in each. :-) - (static)
                                     Found out the reason, finally... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         stigs are pretty dumb they have to be to deal with ISSO's -NT - (boxley)

They believe our game is food?
107 ms