IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New and just like that

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Source? Story?
--

Drew
New Can only relate-to a certain factoid..
MASKS are about Protecting Others: from YOU. The screamer above indicates that dilemma---I thought
--to a Fare Thee --> Unwell (if I'm an undetected Typhoid-Veep) et al.
New The Liberate Michigan! brigade
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/04/30/anti-lockdown-protesters-gather-at-the-michigan-statehouse/
Protestors try to enter the Michigan House of Representative chamber and are being kept out by the Michigan State Police after the American Patriot Rally organized by Michigan United for Liberty protest for the reopening of businesses on the steps of the Michigan State Capitol
New Particularly those masks.
Although I can't be sure, those sure look like surgical masks. If they are, then the cops in the photo have slightly more protection than nothing at all, but way less than an N-95 mask. Surgical masks are designed to protect patients *from* their surgeons, surgical techs, anesthesiologists, surgical and rotating nurses, etc. Not to protect their healthcare providers *from* their patients (although there is some slight protection that way).

On the four or five occasions during the last six weeks that I've ventured out among the unwashed, I've worn a surgical mask. But I've been heartily dismayed at how many knuckle-dragging MAGAots who surround me do not (I live in their Mecca). I've asked for this for Father's Day.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New That mask needs training to fit, wear and clean
Otherwise you might as well just get on the N95 train.
New Oh bs
You think MM couldn't achieve a seal? The directions were really clear. A hell of a lot easier to follow than a programming manual. What level of moronic troglodyte are you assuming?

Plus we know that covid gets in the eyes. That full face mask is far better than any breathing only mask.
Expand Edited by crazy May 18, 2020, 12:17:05 PM EDT
New Have you read him in his posts?
Hah! I kill me. Sorry, the mm reference was just too good to pass up.
--

Drew
New Sure
He's a moronic troglodyte when he disagrees with me, not Peter.
New I'm sure his secretary can help him fit the mask. Or lose it.
New shrug whatever
New I've an N-95 ..for free! during the Fires Times. also--
by chance: a durable Pro face-shield in sealed plastic bag--I forgot I had in garage.

Most places herabouts now have signs ~~ No Mask /No Entry, but my impression remains that, few comprehend that The Mask Saves Others.
I'll be using the face-shield too since, we have ~#s of slow-learners here, too.

Still: every Ever-Trumper is, premeditatedly trying to KIll Us--especially geezers: ANYTHING that Dear Leader gets 4. More. Years to reach Emperor, over-our-dead-bodies.
[This follows via Shirink-analysis of his various sociopathic engrams] One needs not make-up such a cruel/vicious charge: he OOZES-that hourly.

Carrion. Avoid being That.
New I bought my youngest 70 of them back in December, 2015.
Why 70? She was headed to China during the winter when the air is black for an indeterminate period. She didn't use all of them, but left the balance with a friend over there.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New with Fathers like You..
..some dis-US kids may make it to adulthood--(if the Other US-ian Things don't get them).
[oblig addendum-2020].
New Funny, before the cruise of Chinese port cities last fall, I bought N99 masks for the same reason.
Yes, N99! They were made in the UK cost about $30 each. Didn't really use them on the cruise because the pollution in port cities was not that extreme.

We're using those masks now when we go for the occasional shopping for food.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Must make you look like a professional ;-)
     and just like that - (lincoln) - (15)
         Source? Story? -NT - (drook) - (14)
             Can only relate-to a certain factoid.. - (Ashton)
             The Liberate Michigan! brigade - (scoenye) - (12)
                 Particularly those masks. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                     That mask needs training to fit, wear and clean - (pwhysall) - (5)
                         Oh bs - (crazy) - (4)
                             Have you read him in his posts? - (drook) - (2)
                                 Sure - (crazy)
                                 I'm sure his secretary can help him fit the mask. Or lose it. -NT - (scoenye)
                             shrug whatever -NT - (pwhysall)
                     I've an N-95 ..for free! during the Fires Times. also-- - (Ashton) - (4)
                         I bought my youngest 70 of them back in December, 2015. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                             with Fathers like You.. - (Ashton)
                             Funny, before the cruise of Chinese port cities last fall, I bought N99 masks for the same reason. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                 Must make you look like a professional ;-) -NT - (scoenye)

So, what we gonna do tonight, Bwain?
69 ms