IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Used to use Apple Mail, now Spark
Apple Mail crashes and eats RAM/CPU too often, but the interface is still the best.

All with GMail. Who uses folders? That's what search is for.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New "Apple Mail crashes and eats RAM/CPU" ..Hah! so it ain't just moi ..being Pun-ished :-þ
..but as you said ('Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln..') Moi Likes the ackshully-Intuitive layout; can abide the 'MTBF' of the kluge-y Rebuild aspect
--so long as it remains Rare. (Or have I been running-on-Luck ?? ... scary, that) Still, not bad==since ''09: just Once.

Seems magickal that it can (funnel-sort-simple? or Clever-Lads-grade) absurd amounts of detritus while searching for
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds, Successfully. :-)
New People need to organise their shee; search isn't everything
Everyone uses folders, Scott :)

People use Gmail labels like they're folders, and that's how Gmail shows them to IMAP clients.
New everything comes to the in box, I am only interested in the wanted unread, search for anything else
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Yep.
I may archive stuff to get it out of the way, but that's about it.
Regards,
-scott
New I bet you people have disgusting bookshelves, too.
New No, but my searchable Kindle books don't need folders either.
Regards,
-scott
New Searching only works when you know what you want to find.
New Usually a decent precondition for looking for something, yes.
Regards,
-scott
New Swinky-LRPD: This must be true. They made a bumper sticker.
New ya think?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Maintenance success: yahoo! - (rcareaga) - (32)
         Late? You were an early adopter. - (scoenye)
         Re: Maintenance success: yahoo! - (pwhysall) - (30)
             GMail still has an IMAP interface. - (static) - (29)
                 Yeah nah - (pwhysall) - (28)
                     Used to use Apple Mail, now Spark - (malraux) - (10)
                         "Apple Mail crashes and eats RAM/CPU" ..Hah! so it ain't just moi ..being Pun-ished :-þ - (Ashton)
                         People need to organise their shee; search isn't everything - (pwhysall) - (8)
                             everything comes to the in box, I am only interested in the wanted unread, search for anything else -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                 Yep. - (malraux) - (6)
                                     I bet you people have disgusting bookshelves, too. -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                         No, but my searchable Kindle books don't need folders either. -NT - (malraux) - (3)
                                             Searching only works when you know what you want to find. -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                 Usually a decent precondition for looking for something, yes. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                                     Swinky-LRPD: This must be true. They made a bumper sticker. -NT - (Ashton)
                                         ya think? - (boxley)
                     I put up with the labels idiocy. - (static) - (16)
                         IMAP... - (Another Scott) - (15)
                             Outlook supports sub-folders. - (static)
                             POP3? That shit should have been taken out behind the barn a long time ago. -NT - (pwhysall)
                             Some sort of Outlook server - (scoenye) - (12)
                                 I've forgotten the details. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                     Exchange is *awesome* at folders. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         Thanks. - (Another Scott)
                                     It is more an Outlook + Exchange thing v. IMAP - (scoenye) - (3)
                                         I’m gratified to have seeded a thread… - (rcareaga)
                                         Annoyingly, everything is proprietary now - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Coming late to the party - (jake123)
                                     Sounds like it might be a subtle bug in Thunderbird. - (static) - (2)
                                         When connecting with MS using an open standard, I wouldn't assume the OSS app has the bug -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                             Or could be two bugs, one in each. :-) - (static)
                                     Found out the reason, finally... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         stigs are pretty dumb they have to be to deal with ISSO's -NT - (boxley)