IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New There may be some minor differences between the viruses that re-infect.
I recall reading once a long time ago that there were some 300 different "colds". Once you have a particular one you won't get it again. However, you will get a different one. Not sure if that is still thought to be true.

However, I have read Corvid-19 that came to the US from Europe, which is what NY has, is slightly different from the Corvid-19 that came directly from China. So obviously it is evolving. Anyway, it may be the reason for re-infections.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Good point, but with Menace murdering truth hourly + effete-press covering that ...
Death-by-Menace remains as STRONG as, ever since that escalator Preview an Eon-ago.
New I read somewhere there were three known strains today.
But having just finished an article of the CDC's test kit debacle, I'm not sure I trust the tests!
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Got a Linky for that discussion?
It's particularly SAD when: actual-Scientists (seem to have..) Fucked-up so crucial a matter. 'Time-constraint' is no alibi, on This Scale.

{Scale & Relativity ... once. again.: a reliable indicator of homo-sap immanent Unreliability}
New link
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Excellent! color-chart shows exact dis-US fiddling /Rome burns /Repos spin /Many-die unnecessarily.
New Thanks; such terrible timing for CDC to make ~first? Mega-fatal-blunder.
Still unclear: whether a hastily-sent Bulletin, Do Not USE Part III would have saved a whole MONTH.
ie, the exponential-growing of the RNA/DNA conversion process seemed to be: extra info on expected variants;
nice but not Al-Punte. (Yet..)
     why widespread testing is needed - (boxley) - (13)
         BBC-News reports investigation of another Big-question: - (Ashton)
         Reminds me of Typhoid Mary. - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
             Yes, but with her we had a chance. We haven't beaten a virus yet. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                 But at least you're not resorting to hyperbole. - (pwhysall) - (9)
                     I hope you're right. But 140+ "re-infections" is not promising for a vaccine. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                         There may be some minor differences between the viruses that re-infect. - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                             Good point, but with Menace murdering truth hourly + effete-press covering that ... - (Ashton)
                             I read somewhere there were three known strains today. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                 Got a Linky for that discussion? - (Ashton) - (4)
                                     link - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Excellent! color-chart shows exact dis-US fiddling /Rome burns /Repos spin /Many-die unnecessarily. -NT - (Ashton)
                                     I think this was it (on the CDC). - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Thanks; such terrible timing for CDC to make ~first? Mega-fatal-blunder. - (Ashton)