IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Reminds me of Typhoid Mary.
It was a bacterial not virus infection, but she was asymptomatic and managed to infect 51 people, 3 of whom died.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yes, but with her we had a chance. We haven't beaten a virus yet.
Sure, we have vaccines but I'm referring to treatment, not prevention. And if further testing indicates re-infection in the presence of Covid-19 antibodies is possible, what then?

This could be the Waterloo of humanity. The tragic death of the pregnant, healthy 28 year old NHS nurse only underscores that.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New But at least you're not resorting to hyperbole.
In years to come, people will just get their flu+covid shots every winter.
New I hope you're right. But 140+ "re-infections" is not promising for a vaccine.
bcnu,
Mikem

New There may be some minor differences between the viruses that re-infect.
I recall reading once a long time ago that there were some 300 different "colds". Once you have a particular one you won't get it again. However, you will get a different one. Not sure if that is still thought to be true.

However, I have read Corvid-19 that came to the US from Europe, which is what NY has, is slightly different from the Corvid-19 that came directly from China. So obviously it is evolving. Anyway, it may be the reason for re-infections.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Good point, but with Menace murdering truth hourly + effete-press covering that ...
Death-by-Menace remains as STRONG as, ever since that escalator Preview an Eon-ago.
New I read somewhere there were three known strains today.
But having just finished an article of the CDC's test kit debacle, I'm not sure I trust the tests!
bcnu,
Mikem

New Got a Linky for that discussion?
It's particularly SAD when: actual-Scientists (seem to have..) Fucked-up so crucial a matter. 'Time-constraint' is no alibi, on This Scale.

{Scale & Relativity ... once. again.: a reliable indicator of homo-sap immanent Unreliability}
New link
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Excellent! color-chart shows exact dis-US fiddling /Rome burns /Repos spin /Many-die unnecessarily.
New Thanks; such terrible timing for CDC to make ~first? Mega-fatal-blunder.
Still unclear: whether a hastily-sent Bulletin, Do Not USE Part III would have saved a whole MONTH.
ie, the exponential-growing of the RNA/DNA conversion process seemed to be: extra info on expected variants;
nice but not Al-Punte. (Yet..)
     why widespread testing is needed - (boxley) - (13)
         BBC-News reports investigation of another Big-question: - (Ashton)
         Reminds me of Typhoid Mary. - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
             Yes, but with her we had a chance. We haven't beaten a virus yet. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                 But at least you're not resorting to hyperbole. - (pwhysall) - (9)
                     I hope you're right. But 140+ "re-infections" is not promising for a vaccine. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                         There may be some minor differences between the viruses that re-infect. - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                             Good point, but with Menace murdering truth hourly + effete-press covering that ... - (Ashton)
                             I read somewhere there were three known strains today. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                 Got a Linky for that discussion? - (Ashton) - (4)
                                     link - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Excellent! color-chart shows exact dis-US fiddling /Rome burns /Repos spin /Many-die unnecessarily. -NT - (Ashton)
                                     I think this was it (on the CDC). - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Thanks; such terrible timing for CDC to make ~first? Mega-fatal-blunder. - (Ashton)

This too shall pass.
66 ms