IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You mean like Holder?
Mr. Holder had already ruled out any charges related to the use of waterboarding and other methods that most human rights experts consider to be torture. His announcement closes a contentious three-year investigation by the Justice Department and brings to an end years of dispute over whether line intelligence or military personnel or their superiors would be held accountable for the abuse of prisoners in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

The closing of the two cases means that the Obama administration’s limited effort to scrutinize the counterterrorism programs carried out under President George W. Bush has come to an end. Without elaborating, Mr. Holder suggested that the end of the criminal investigation should not be seen as a moral exoneration of those involved in the prisoners’ treatment and deaths.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/31/us/holder-rules-out-prosecutions-in-cia-interrogations.html?_r=1&pagewanted=1

Maybe taking a cue from Obama?

Q Spanish judge Baltasar Garzón is considering a lawsuit filed by attorneys representing six Spaniards who were at one point held at Guantanamo. And that lawsuit wants to go after President Bush's legal team. What is your reaction to that?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, you know, obviously I've been very clear that Guantanamo is to be closed, that some of the practices of enhanced interrogation techniques I think ran counter to American values and American traditions. So I've put an end to these policies.

I'm a strong believer that it's important to look forward and not backwards, and to remind ourselves that we do have very real security threats out there.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/white-house-watch/obama-interview-with-cnn-en-es.html

Anybody get prosecuted? Nope. Okay. Well, there was this one case ...

The details in the Senate report on Central Intelligence Agency torture, released today, are shocking. But don't expect anyone to be held responsible. The only person the Obama administration has prosecuted in connection with the torture program is a man who revealed its existence to the media.

https://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/12/9/7361667/senate-torture-report-kiriakou

There is no sane reason to believe anyone in the Trump Administration will be prosecuted for anything under a Biden Administration. Real Democrats (the DNC, Bankster class approved types) know that digging into the malfeasance of Republicans might lend credibility to investigating things like, say, the Democratic President who started locking kids in cages at the border or the Democratic President who ordered more assassinations by drone than any other, including a US citizen, without trial or oversight. And we simply can't have that.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New But.. but...
Are you suggesting that: the dis-US %overall-Corruption is no longer measured in milli-Bolsonaros [an an hoc Test® just created]
..but more like KIll-O-Bolsonaros?

The Word for today (as explains much, when one thinks about it-all?) ... inured.

T'aint Easy dwelling amidst the perhaps least-informed feckless tribes ever assembled on one Continent (well, not for this moi, anyway)

Yours in sloth.. it's within the atmospheric globules now, its Half-life measured in DJT-days-in-office Units
(according to NIST).
     "The Democratic Party Must Harness the Legitimate Rage of Americans. Otherwise, the Right Will - (Ashton) - (36)
         strawman up straw man down rhetoric goes round and round -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             ..yet always we-can-Count.. on You to be irrelevant, obtusely. ... Carrion. - (Ashton)
         One thing in the Red 2021 that belongs in the Blue 2021 now that it's Biden. - (mmoffitt) - (33)
             That's the MM I remember. - (Another Scott) - (32)
                 Easy riposte (or re-post?) ... "We'll see what happens.. ..." -NT - (Ashton)
                 Re: That's the MM I remember. - (pwhysall)
                 I didn't say I wouldn't vote for him. But, I'm realistic. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                     "Only 4 more years" - (malraux) - (11)
                         Trump has already suggested . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         She's still in her 20's. I suppose she figures she has time. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                             That's not unique to America -NT - (drook) - (3)
                                 In how many places have you lived? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     Fair question - (drook) - (1)
                                         Your comment claimed knowledge not necessarily at your disposal. - (mmoffitt)
                             Pre or post 25? -NT - (crazy) - (4)
                                 Why? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                     Missed this a while ago, sorry - (crazy) - (2)
                                         No worries. Looking back, the reason for your question was obvious. I'm sorry. And post. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                         Nevertheless.. - (Ashton)
                     Joe isn't the enemy. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         No, he's not. He's more like Switzerland. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     good argument here - (boxley) - (1)
                         tl;dr ... "WIll pick the rabid-one, drooling but not vicious: over ____" FIFY -NT - (Ashton)
                 And, BTW, does *anyone* believe he'll go after *anyone* from the previous admin/Senate? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                     Yes. - (Ashton)
                     Don't we have an Attorney General and Justice Department for things like that? - (Another Scott) - (10)
                         [You imagine that this cabal Cares about 'Procedures', at all?] - (Ashton) - (1)
                             I have no doubt that Donnie is going to continue to break things. - (Another Scott)
                         well, will the new one stand on the tarmac and take orders from the ex-president? -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                             Yeah, just like they made a fortune on White Water. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 was pocket change unlike what they took in from the russian ogliarches -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     ..[oblig] "What? that was nothing! compared-with - (Ashton)
                             A few days ago you could put together a cogent thought - (crazy)
                             Oh look, another long-debunked right-wing talking point. Surprise, surprise. - (CRConrad)
                         You mean like Holder? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             But.. but... - (Ashton)

For Wade, it is to wonder.
66 ms