IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New had a doublescope endoscopy yesterday
temp check at the door, with gowned and masked personnel. Checks about cough bronchitis recent answers no. All precautions taken. Come home afterwards didnt go any where. Snotting green lugies today and brohial tubes acting up. Still have a sense of smell and taste tho. Fingers crossed.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Good luck!
I hope it's just allergies!!

I've seen a huge array of symptoms reported. This epidemic ramping up just as the trees, grasses, and flowers are going nuts with their pollens is another wildcard.

As are the false negatives (30%??)

Balloon-Juice:

different-church-lady

APRIL 2, 2020 AT 11:23 AM

So, here’s how the second half of March went for me:

FRIDAY, MARCH 13: Okay, that ticklish little cough I’m getting is really quite disconcerting considering current events. But since all my work has cancelled for the next six weeks, I guess I get to rest up and hope it’s nothing.

TUESDAY, 17TH: Now, perhaps sitting in the unheated basement studio for six hours learning new software was not the smartest decision I could have made considering that little cough is still not going away…

THURSDAY, 19TH: Right. You don’t have a fever. You just have a little cough that’s in your throat and not your lungs, and and a headache and you feel lousy. And there’s a pandemic outside. This is fine.

FRIDAY NIGHT, MY INNARDS: “You know that yummy piece of salmon you had for dinner? That’s leaving your body RIGHT THIS SECOND!!!!”

ALL DAY SUNDAY, MY INNARDS: “You know that tiny fragment of carrot you managed to choke down? That’s leaving your body RIGHT THIS SECOND!!!! AS LIQUID!! THIS WILL BE REPEATED AS NECESSARY!!!!”

MON, TUE, WED: My body is acting like any not-water substance that dares to enter will be treated as an invading force. Yet I am not running a fever and although I’m coughing an ever-increasing amount, it’s all in the throat and not in the lungs. I’m not having trouble breathing, I’m just having trouble not-coughing. And BOY am I having trouble not-coughing…

WED, LATE AFTERNOON: Among many other things much harder to describe, my field of vision is occulted by Peter Max-colored illustrated bears marching in perfect formation about 18 inches from my face. I can no longer go this alone.

WED NIGHT: EMERGENCY ROOM DOC: “You have bi-lateral pneumonia, and we’re so sure that you have COVID-19 that we’re going to claim that a few more times in the hour or so it takes to check you in here. Now hold steady while we insert this three-foot long cotton swab up your nose and into your brain…”

THURSDAY, ON IV FLUIDS, ANTI-BIOTIC DRIP, AND SUPPLEMENTAL OXYGEN: “We ought to have your test results by tonight. By the way, even though your chest X-ray is indicating bacterial causes, we’re still pretty damn certain you have COVID-19…”

FRIDAY MORNING: “You remember that three-foot long cotton swab we inserted up your nose and into your brain? We didn’t actually send that thing to the lab until about six hours ago…”

SATURDAY MORNING: “According to the three-foot long cotton swab we inserted up your nose and into your brain, you do NOT have COVID-19. However, we are going to continue treating you as though you do, because who the fuck would ever possibly believe you’re here in this state without it?”

SUNDAY MORNING: No more oxygen mask. “Since you don’t have the thing we’re still entirely certain we believe you ought to have, we can probably get you home today.”

SUNDAY AFTERNOON: “Put that oxygen mask back on, you’re here another night.”

MONDAY MORNING: “Okay, you can really take the oxygen mask off now. Sign these things, wear this mask, and self-quarantine for another week because we don’t care what the stupid three-foot long swab said, you really ought to have COVID-19.”

:-(

Good luck!!

Cheers,
Scott.
New loss of taste and smell is a hard indicator, don't have that yet
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Crossing fingers for ya!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New May the Bluebird of Happiness fly up your nose
..and Fix it! en passant :-)
New Cringers Fossed for you, box. Keep us posted.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     I wish I could force the IDIOTS I ran into at the gas station today to watch this. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
         had a doublescope endoscopy yesterday - (boxley) - (5)
             Good luck! - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 loss of taste and smell is a hard indicator, don't have that yet -NT - (boxley)
             Crossing fingers for ya! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             May the Bluebird of Happiness fly up your nose - (Ashton)
             Cringers Fossed for you, box. Keep us posted. -NT - (mmoffitt)

But she said things I just couldn't fathom. She was too deep. Seemed to be under a lot of pressure. Boy, could she drink. She drank like a... she drank a lot.
67 ms