IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New S-mode..
and the wrapper contrived by OS X folk. Back when Linux appeared to be a viable escape-from [not 'New York City': the movie] recall playing with fsck a bit, (flush from having contrived a (simple) Unix coup which enabled some language students at U/Indiana to send Cyrrilic-text in their e-mails--this was beginners'-luck veritably--but it bloody-Worked. My friend's class-mates all wanted a copy; she was in Moscow and I sent a sample there. (I thought, on dropping-in to UI's IT center: w.t.f didn't these Pros take 5 mins (for them) and get them this fix wayback? ..believe I wasn't churlish, as in {sheesh!} But wanted to be.

'Discrettion being the better part of valor', I put self in place of any next investigator (always hoping to receive a cadaver which hasn't been 'helped along' by a neophyte). SInce the implications are: that OS X-fsck lacks the details of the Original, etc. I think it best to punt. I did run Disk Utility on the 20" periodically, mainly as a prophylactic (also hoping to grok a bit more of the prolific *Console messages [Greg F. RIP] advised, natch: ~"don't even Try"; MIss Greg. Still, I always believe that if you look around at the sophisticated tools before-Need, you get at least a sample of what messages look like ... when all is still AOK. (Sure works with er, particle accelerators).

* Ex: indeed found some relevant messages from a few days back, under the heading, 'asi' ~ [date I didn't know--the Zombies zoomed-in on "3-20-20"], making that association plausible; will pass that on. fwiw

Thanks for the links. Need an oscilloscope for anything? There's a Tektronix 323 teensy scope
[ http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/323 ] which worked fine on AC, but its aged (AA?) Nicads need upgrade to modrin NiMHs /easy peasy. Too much drain to work-now with present ones in place, even on AC. It's yours if you want :-) Probably a couple probes etc. It was amazing when launched, as it is Tek quality thus bulletproof--they built their own CRTs and much else. All gone now, but with discrete transistors in sockets! and new PS caps every couple decades ... it could out-Live the dis-US, y'know? :-þ

Cheers
New Only if you absolutely do not need it anymore
I have long been tempted to get a scope but never followed through as most of my work is on the software side of things.

I'll be glad to reimburse the shipping costs.
New Done.
Details via? myfirstname, usual sign, Valley Of Moon initials, common suffix.
(among shortest addys extant?)
PS: all these years: not knowing what the S stands for (!) ... 'Sherlock' could be fitting? :-þ

(I'm presuming that you can get all tech info from link), incl. (didn't check) some links to full manual w/schematics, surely Out There.
Else can see my collection/manuals--if there is a spare; I give it 99% that this will fire up with new batts ...
nothing much deteriorates in these; a few have gone through here.

Given the Times, this may be a while re delivery, natch.
New Sent
(And I even managed to find the manual, at the [appropriately|insultingly] named Boat Anchor Manuals Archive...)
     "New viewer window" (in Mail, of course) - (Ashton) - (8)
         Sounds like corruption someplace - (scoenye) - (1)
             Many Thanks - (Ashton)
         Zombies!! [rilly..] Power failure o'nite --> - (Ashton) - (5)
             Ugh. - (scoenye) - (4)
                 S-mode.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                     Only if you absolutely do not need it anymore - (scoenye) - (2)
                         Done. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Sent - (scoenye)

You sly ol' iconoclast, you...
76 ms