IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Another stupid Texan (Republican, of course)
saying something really stupid:

As the coronavirus continues to spread in the United States, forcing people to stay in their homes and causing an economic downturn, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick joined Tucker Carlson Tonight where he became a top-trending topic by suggesting we get back to our normal lives to save the economy even at great risk to the country’s senior citizens. Patrick, who turns 70 next week, believes it’s up to older Americans to take that risk.

“Tucker, no one reached out to me and said, ‘As a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren?’ And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in,” Patrick said, later adding, “My message is, let’s get back to work. Let’s get back to living. Let’s be smart about it, and those of us who are 70-plus, we’ll take care of ourselves.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/texas-lt-governor-suggests-elderly-should-risk-lives-save-economy-050531075.html

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Deserves then, a Texas quip: "Bless his little heart"

Molly Ivins RIP, incisive Journalist who dubbed the 'Shrub' moniker: I miss Molly et peers.
Expand Edited by Ashton March 24, 2020, 04:12:12 PM EDT
New If he agrees to rely on the same health care he supports for everyone else
--

Drew
New swedish texican maybe
https://news.yahoo.com/lockdown-wait-sweden-goes-own-way-003057482.html
tockholm (AFP) - While most of Europe is firmly locked down in a bid to curb the spread of COVID-19, Sweden is taking a softer line, keeping primary schools, restaurants and bars open and even encouraging people to go outside for a nip of air.

This stands in stark contrast to the urgent tone elsewhere and has sparked heated debate whether Sweden is really doing the right thing.

"We cannot allow the human desperation in Wuhan and Bergamo to be repeated in Sweden. That would be a gamble that violates society's most fundamental principle: that every person has an inherent value,"
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Another stupid Texan (Republican, of course) - (lincoln) - (3)
         Deserves then, a Texas quip: "Bless his little heart" - (Ashton)
         If he agrees to rely on the same health care he supports for everyone else -NT - (drook)
         swedish texican maybe - (boxley)

Only a Stephen Hawking vs. Larry Flynt joust could compare in terms of universal significance.
75 ms