IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Under, Songs-for-Our-Times... let's skip the dirges. (And a Comic, too!)
Another Oldie begins, "I'd like to get you Them* ... on a slow-boat to China ..."
(Y'know, one o' those twin-hulled things? A catamoron IIRC) ... Menace on one-side, Veep-Irritant on t'other ...
then just over Marianas Trench the connectors--in Their* final Incredible® Event!--sever.

And we gets, from the 'copter: Video. Gets Emmy, Oscar and Ignobel.
(And no animals were injured in the production)

[another Oldie, I Can Dream, Can't I? ..for gravitas].

Where are the wonderfully macabre Comix when We fucking-Need Them ! ?
Tales from the Crypt of Terror- The Vault of Horror- Shock! Suspenstories-,
all E.C. Comics, (before-LLC). Wm. Gaines: the Monsters' Monster,
masters of unmasking 'Murican hypocrisy in-All-Things (I thought, then :-)

Following the Pious ministrations of pre-dis-US Congressional 'hearings' /sleepy Eisenhower years:

Publishers were forbidden from using the words "terror" and "horror" in titles, for example, and forbidden from depicting zombies, werewolves, and other gruesome characters and outré horror fiction trappings. Gaines was fed up; he believed his titles were being specifically targeted and realized they were doomed to future failure. He threw in the towel, canceling Tales from the Crypt and its companion titles in September 1954. Since an issue of The Crypt of Terror had already been produced, it was published as the final issue of Tales from the Crypt, February/March 1955.

(Had I not peddled them in early '70s for $hundreds--all Originals un-battered--it'd be 20x or (100x for No. 1 and a few) But I was not meant to slide into plutocracy, I guess.

New I remember them when they were originally published in the early 1950s.
But, if I looked at them it was because someone else bought them.

Now, Mad magazine was something else. Those I'd be checking the store when it was about time for new issues.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Under, Songs-for-Our-Times... let's skip the dirges. (And a Comic, too!) - (Ashton) - (1)
         I remember them when they were originally published in the early 1950s. - (a6l6e6x)

Some have good ideas and some.. just have ideas.
92 ms