IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup, thanks guys, got one of these:
... https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/b5661cd4 [1] just today. Set it up with my Little Red Beauty[2] to begin with. And yes, thank you Other Scott, the built-in Intel graphics seem up to driving at least one 4K screen. Hm, gotta bring it in to work and try it with two of the big screens in the "ETL lab" at once. Wife (predictably) livid, "Where are you going to put that thing?! It's bigger than our living-room TV!". Yeah, well, sorry honey, but with my increasingly presbyopic eyes, stuff was looking a tad small on my 4K 32" monitor at work, so...

My official excuse is I needed this in case we're ordered to work from home in Official Corona Panic, but if that were my real reason... Wouldn't I have set it up from my work laptop[3] first? :-) That's next, though, perhaps tomorrow: I already have the Craptop[3] here, since I was WFH on Friday -- although that's ordinarily next-to-impossible on just the lappy screen -- and during the day, got a department-wide email reminding everyone to take their laptops home with them for the weekend, just in case we'd need to WFH on Monday... Or if it became mandatory.

1: So, so much for http://forum.iwethey.org/forum/post/429086/

2: http://forum.iwethey.org/forum/post/431349/

3: The boring corporate-silver anally-locked-down HP.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Noice.
I'm leaning towards similar.

How adjustable is it?
New Swivels sideways a bit, tilts up and down a bit, doesn't pivot.
Not on the stand that came with it. 200x200 mm VESA attachment points on the back, so coud of course be mounted on something pivotty. Feels like you won't adjust a humongo-fucker like this all the time, so doesn't much matter, IMO. Except if you have a height-adjustable desk under it, then you might want to tilt it a bit depending on height. Can't recall degrees of tilt and swivel, feels like "enough"; maybe exact data are on that specs site I linked?

Unless you meant softwarely and resolutionarily? Haven't got much into that yet, beyond selecting the input port I'd put a lead into. AFAIK its particular party trick, its "USP", is that you can put four inputs simultaneously on it and it splits up and pretends to be four separate 1920x1080 screens. Dunno how useful that will be; maybe.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Obvious solution for the wife's complaint
You need a bigger TV.
--

Drew
New +1, Like, Thumbs-up.
New Video projectors have been affordable for a while.
And if you already don't rely on the smarts in most modern TVs, then it's an easy replacement.

Wade.
     Acquisition speculation: Large(ish) monitor. - (CRConrad) - (13)
         Not really, but ... - (drook) - (1)
             Heh, yeah, but no... - (CRConrad)
         Dell. - (pwhysall)
         I typically look at The Wirecutter first - (malraux) - (1)
             Re: I typically look at The Wirecutter first - (pwhysall)
         Is your laptop new enough to drive it at 4k? - (Another Scott) - (1)
             I've had weird experiences with laptops and big displays - (pwhysall)
         Yup, thanks guys, got one of these: - (CRConrad) - (5)
             Noice. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Swivels sideways a bit, tilts up and down a bit, doesn't pivot. - (CRConrad)
             Obvious solution for the wife's complaint - (drook) - (2)
                 +1, Like, Thumbs-up. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Video projectors have been affordable for a while. - (static)

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here.
53 ms