IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New With Biden, here's something that won't change.
Washington (CNN) Transportation Safety Administration chief David Pekoske defended on Wednesday the agency's practice of not paying employer shares of health coverage for part-time screening officers as the coronavirus crisis continues.

At a congressional hearing, Pekoske said the agency used to provide that benefit but no longer does.

"I have no intention of restoring health care coverage for part-time workers. I think that was a good decision," Pekoske told a House Homeland Security subcommittee. "We will certainly take care of our employees to the best of our ability and we provide robust guidance to our entire workforce with respect to how they prevent the disease in the first place."

The TSA has put on leave "under 100" officers who it identified as coming in contact with one of three officers who tested positive for coronavirus at the San Jose, California, airport.

Those workers will be paid for the duration of a 14-day isolation period, Pekoske said.

The agency has also not attempted to perform contact tracing to identify passengers who may have been screened by the officers.

Pekoske said the health care determination is "consistent with practice throughout government and also in the private sector that if you're a part-time employee, you are not eligible for full-time health care benefits," and noted Congress did not supply funds for such payments in legislation it sent to the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/politics/tsa-health-care-part-time/index.html

Two things are of note imo:
1) Nobody's trying to identify passengers who were screened by these Covid-19 positive TSA drones.
2) I can already hear Biden say, "That's what Romney Obamacare is for!"
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Well, tonight, even Trump is talking about changing that.
Badly reading the teleprompter. Of course, his words mean nothing.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Did you hear him say anything with your ears, or just with your imagination?
--

Drew
     With Biden, here's something that won't change. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
         Well, tonight, even Trump is talking about changing that. - (a6l6e6x)
         Did you hear him say anything with your ears, or just with your imagination? -NT - (drook)

Major Allison Digby Tatham-Warter was so absurdly British that you can't even read his name without being compelled to brew a cup of tea.
63 ms