IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: It's difficult to argue with that.
Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the slightly less crappy, is all I can say.

Because "slightly less crappy" is all that's - realistically - on offer.
Expand Edited by pwhysall March 9, 2020, 03:12:55 PM EDT
New But not difficult to argue with that.
I've grown increasingly weary of the "don't let the perfect be the enemy ..." nonsense. I'm not talking about anywhere near perfect. I'm talking about, God help me, returning to the more just years of Reagan's 1980's. I cannot accept that such is too much to ask and I reject outright the notion that those days were "perfect."

Still, I think it's over for Bernie. All the establishment Democrats (read: New Way, Republican Democrats) are lining up behind the Plagiarist Senator from MBNA and it's only a matter of time before he's the nominee. More is the pity. But, as you say, it's the best we can do. I can think of no greater indictment of our system and our people than that to close upon.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt March 9, 2020, 03:42:07 PM EDT
     Warren Out. - (mmoffitt) - (31)
         Of course she will endorse Bernnie - (Andrew Grygus)
         Indeed! Why not endorse the candidate who is guaranteed to lose! - (pwhysall) - (15)
             You got it! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Biden has no chance. We'll have Trump for 4 more years. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                 I'm not sure of your point. - (pwhysall) - (12)
                     Biden won *The South* FFS. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                         Everyone supports the NHS over here - (pwhysall) - (3)
                             It's difficult to argue with that. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 Re: It's difficult to argue with that. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     But not difficult to argue with that. - (mmoffitt)
                         Voters in primaries != voters in election. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                             Michigan decided that Biden has the best chance to beat Trump. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                 If you run a Republican against a Republican, a Republican will win every time. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                     And if you run a Democrat against a Republican but "progressives" won't vote for him...? - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                         The Progressives aren't the problem - (scoenye)
                                         Perhaps I was too subtle. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                             No, you weren't. But you're far too fucking cock-sure of yourself. - (CRConrad)
         Seen elsewhere, anent the Sanders campaign: - (rcareaga)
         Re: Warren Out. - (rcareaga) - (12)
             I don't think I'll sit it out. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                 out of curiosity - (rcareaga) - (10)
                     why people vote or not - (boxley)
                     A variation in C#-Minor re this: an early start on culling voters--on steroids: - (Ashton)
                     She's reconsidered. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                         I can call the spirits from the vasty deep! - (rcareaga) - (6)
                             GI bill is still available so there is a model to provide schooling for public service -NT - (boxley)
                             So, your message to following generations is, "I got mine. Too bad for you" then? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 Most-all agreed ..in Calif. pre-Ronnie: it Was a Fiesta for *cheap* Edjumacacion. - (Ashton)
                                 trying to clean the wrong end of the pool, go to the hershey bar side - (boxley)
                                 Re: So, your message to following generations is, "I got mine. Too bad for you" then? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                     It's muddy.. - (Ashton)

Smoke the pipe, and there will be no lies between us.
60 ms