Well after playing with the Zaurus SL-5500, iPAQ 3870, Sony PALM

I have chose the Sony PALM.

Reason - Win2002 is pathetic & too immature. This PDA is difficult to use & a lot of this has to do with MS forcing you to drive the Win2002 machine from a standard Win desktop or notebook.

Zaurus whilst being a neat & easier to configure machine than the Win2002 one, was still not that easy to use. None of the PDAs are really suitable for Internet browsing & neither are they all that good for email.

Both the iPAQ & Zaurus are toys trying to be big boys. I would rather have a real pc such as the Sony UM-CG1 which is about 3 times bigger than an iPAQ but it is a real computer that can do real work & is easy to carry (although not pocket sized).

The nice thing about the Sony palm is that it doesn't pretend to be what it is not - it is just a very good PDA. It can do all that the iPAQ tries to do and even though it has less RAM & a fraction of the clock speed of the iPAQ, it performs better on sound & video playback. The iPAQ is jerky & prone to issuing messages that it hasn't got enough memory. Esp when starting bluetooth.

Sony PDA can do Word docs, & eXcell S/S so in the end I have adopted it. I had thought I would use the Zaurus but the messes I kept getting into with the Wi-Fi card (same as on iPAQ) annoyed me so much I gave up wasting my time.

Cheers