IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Never mastered trackballs
Probably something approaching two-thirds of my work product passed through Adobe Illustrator at some point in the process, and for me, at least, manipulation of that software involved a lot of “muscle memory,” or perhaps “mousel memory.” Couldn’t do it with a ball or a stylus.

cordlessly,
New Or touch pad!
Same for me. Must be an old timer thing. :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I don't have that muscle memory, but ...
I would imagine if I were doing original art I would have to use a stylus and tablet. (I'm so old I almost started writing "digitizer".) For manipulating something that's already there, it would be a mouse.
--

Drew
New Ahh.. I see.
While my particular thumb can move that sucker fast--setting Acceleration just-right--to a Point-X, I can see that there's little thumb-memory of the sort you describe; I'd have also to eye-radar to X, in a trice, (another step). Tested: if you put some small squares or circles on a blank page, have to hit some sequence of these to do chores such as you describe.. the ∑-delays are indeed Additive. Rats!

IT-tragedy: a theory killed with a fact. (Though, unless disabled-thumb-workings), the savings of shoulders and such does seem an authentic factor (for those not forever dwelling in Mudbrick Tech Inc.) Solution: have both, eh? Have seen work-spaces so equipped. Dunno their reasoning ... unless ambidextrous? ..Hmmm: wins contest.

Added to listicle: Nothing is ever 'simple'.
     Trackballs are not ... ... Forever - (Ashton) - (8)
         If you make it to 3 years - (scoenye) - (3)
             Thanks.. confirms the Bizness-cheapening of this odd outfit (think I told that tale). - (Ashton) - (2)
                 The days of plating contacts with gold are gone. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 I was miffed - (scoenye)
         Never mastered trackballs - (rcareaga) - (3)
             Or touch pad! - (a6l6e6x)
             I don't have that muscle memory, but ... - (drook)
             Ahh.. I see. - (Ashton)

One of them was this cute little yellowtail, and she's giving me the eye. So I figured, this is my chance for a little fun. You know, piece o' Pisces.
66 ms