IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Good advice.
I've got a bunch of hard drives that I've salvaged from various machines over the years. And recently upgraded a Bulldozer machine with a couple of 2TB hard drives.

Those new HDs now have the click of death. :-/

I've got a bunch of CDs as well, some of which can no longer be read (scratches, etc.)

One can get a 2TB Crucial SATA SSD drive for about $200. They're reasonably fast in an external USB3 enclosure/dock. While they don't last forever, they're much, much more reliable than spinning platters, and take up a lot less space. (I've not seen an SATA SSD fail yet, I don't think.)

When I get some timeā„¢, one of my next major jobs is to finally get everything useful backed up off the old media and onto an SSD and get rid of all the old stuff...

Cheers,
Scott.
New I've got a 3TB USB3 SSD
Problem is every time I start backing stuff up I go through it to see if it's worth keeping.
--

Drew
     externalities - (rcareaga) - (8)
         Here's the scheme - (drook) - (2)
             Good advice. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 I've got a 3TB USB3 SSD - (drook)
         BDRW is the archival medium of the moment - (pwhysall)
         As linus said about 30 years ago. - (crazy) - (3)
             fire sale - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 I'm not actively striking matches, but worse things could happen -NT - (drook)
                 Loved that little tale.. it may have helped moi 'disengage' in '17. Rubric: Stuff sucks. Except.. - (Ashton)

Obeying the Law of Gravity since 2001.
93 ms