IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New clovegarden question
http://www.clovegarden.com/recipes/gad_eggpkl1.html
Scalding: The first batch of pickled eggs I ever made, I used cider vinegar, and didn't do this final scald. They were delicious, but could give Ex-lax a run for its money, and I mean run - immediate, urgent, but surprisingly gentle. I can not guarantee you would get the same result, so scald before packing in the jar to prevent this.

this is the only reference to scalding on the page and is not well described on what actions to take
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Re: clovegarden question
That is from step 5, which refers to note-4 on scalding. It is where the eggs are
briefly stirred into the pickling solution at boiling temperature. I will look at clarifying that step.
New thank you sir! bought some poblanos that are way hotter than seranos for some reason
so I am going to pickle them and that made me think of doing some eggs as well
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Poblanos are quite variable . . .
. . most are mild, but every once in a while one will try to kill you. That's why non-authentic Mexican restaurants use Anaheims - they don't want to risk offending their non-authentic customers.
     clovegarden question - (boxley) - (3)
         Re: clovegarden question - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             thank you sir! bought some poblanos that are way hotter than seranos for some reason - (boxley) - (1)
                 Poblanos are quite variable . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

So let me sign off in idiocy...
95 ms