IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Good use of language
Try to take seriously the "boogaloo" movement and they'll mock you for thinking it's real, same way they did with the OK sign or Pepe the frog. They take intentionally silly things with no baggage and infuse them with new meaning.
--

Drew
New More like muddling the language.
How many meanings can a word have before using it in communications becomes ineffective?

Language murder. I think Ashton has a lecture on that! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I don't mean morally good, I mean effective
The latest Wondermark actually has a great example.

I mean, the whole neighborhood could have contributed to scuffing  that puddle. The man's turbo-choadness is no secret.

They do offensive things that are so childish that no one would believe someone is doing, so you look crazy for calling them on it. "The OK sign? Seriously? That's been around forever, how can you think it's a symbol for white supremacy?"
--

Drew
New Or going around saying, "President Donald Trump" right?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Or King Donald of Trumpia.
And Lord Lindsey of the Carolinas.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Parasite Trump?
New Galactic-psychiatrists pick: Drumpfomania ..as potentially terminal psychosis.
     Let’s boogaloo! - (rcareaga) - (22)
         I hope that's a minority of a minority. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             ..How an 'accretion disk' forms.. ... - (Ashton)
         Well, there's This (if they're planning to join forces with the DJT cult.. - (Ashton)
         You understand now why, several years ago, I decided to acquire several firearms? - (mmoffitt) - (11)
             Git the Hell outtathere. - (CRConrad) - (10)
                 There's "No Place to Hide" ..to steal a rather old book-title. - (Ashton)
                 “Ameristan” - (rcareaga) - (8)
                     Tail wags dog, again? - (Ashton)
                     pp ~200 -- ~250/300, IIRC. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                         yabbut they are allowed to eat shrimp -NT - (boxley)
                         Seveneves - (rcareaga) - (2)
                             Oh, she was supposed to be Hillary? I never got that. Are you sure? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Re: Oh, she was supposed to be Hillary? I never got that. Are you sure? - (rcareaga)
                     idea is gaining traction - (boxley) - (1)
                         Is there a RWNJ outlet you don't read? -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Good use of language - (drook) - (6)
             More like muddling the language. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                 I don't mean morally good, I mean effective - (drook) - (4)
                     Or going around saying, "President Donald Trump" right? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         Or King Donald of Trumpia. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             Parasite Trump? -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
                                 Galactic-psychiatrists pick: Drumpfomania ..as potentially terminal psychosis. -NT - (Ashton)

I swear it’s their damn business model.
105 ms