IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I hope that's a minority of a minority.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New ..How an 'accretion disk' forms.. ...
Gravity (er, not Gravitas) decrees that, poco á poco: small bits of agitprop+its containers 'jes grow-like-Topsy. Hitler was a lone so-so 'painter'; met a few similarly-disturbed. Providence locked him up to write the SOLE 'Book' asociated with 'Fascism'. QED?

THEN: there was no Intarweb/e-mail/video 24/7 etc. But RADIO alone concretized the Masses just after ... you know the Story.

The Mofos described are merely the canary-in-the-mine-Mine!-MINE!!! ... shaft-ing of the human credulous-mass.
(Of course I Hope that my extrapolation is Rong, RONG, but I've been watching Stuff ..ever since finding out that My Gramma--That one--was a child-in-adult-clothing (while I was still a child too).

tl;dr: This Is Not a DRILL, I wot.

PS: Testy LRPD: The Pseudo Markov Chain O' Puerile Musings. (Guilty as charged)
Expand Edited by Ashton Feb. 20, 2020, 04:18:59 PM EST
     Let’s boogaloo! - (rcareaga) - (22)
         I hope that's a minority of a minority. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             ..How an 'accretion disk' forms.. ... - (Ashton)
         Well, there's This (if they're planning to join forces with the DJT cult.. - (Ashton)
         You understand now why, several years ago, I decided to acquire several firearms? - (mmoffitt) - (11)
             Git the Hell outtathere. - (CRConrad) - (10)
                 There's "No Place to Hide" ..to steal a rather old book-title. - (Ashton)
                 “Ameristan” - (rcareaga) - (8)
                     Tail wags dog, again? - (Ashton)
                     pp ~200 -- ~250/300, IIRC. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                         yabbut they are allowed to eat shrimp -NT - (boxley)
                         Seveneves - (rcareaga) - (2)
                             Oh, she was supposed to be Hillary? I never got that. Are you sure? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Re: Oh, she was supposed to be Hillary? I never got that. Are you sure? - (rcareaga)
                     idea is gaining traction - (boxley) - (1)
                         Is there a RWNJ outlet you don't read? -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Good use of language - (drook) - (6)
             More like muddling the language. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                 I don't mean morally good, I mean effective - (drook) - (4)
                     Or going around saying, "President Donald Trump" right? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         Or King Donald of Trumpia. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             Parasite Trump? -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
                                 Galactic-psychiatrists pick: Drumpfomania ..as potentially terminal psychosis. -NT - (Ashton)

Remember, people in 1900 didn't know what an atom was. They didn't know its structure.

They also didn't know what a radio was, or an airport, or a movie, or a television, or a computer, or a cell phone, or a jet, an antibiotic, a rocket, a satellite, an MRI, ICU, IUD, IBM, IRA, ERA, EEG, EPA, IRS, DOD, PCP, HTML, internet. interferon, instant replay, remote sensing, remote control, speed dialing, gene therapy, gene splicing, genes, spot welding, heat-seeking, bipolar, prozac, leotards, lap dancing, email, tape recorder, CDs, airbags, plastic explosive, plastic, robots, cars, liposuction, transduction, superconduction, dish antennas, step aerobics, smoothies, twelve-step, ultrasound, nylon, rayon, teflon, fiber optics, carpal tunnel, laser surgery, laparoscopy, corneal transplant, kidney transplant, AIDS... None of this would have meant anything to a person in the year 1900. They wouldn't know what you are talking about.
65 ms