IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This Post Is Dedicated to CRC
Dumb shit in my new phone:

1. Camera app settings (e.g. choosing video format/res) are not in the app, they're in Settings
2. Can't set an alternative default browser; it's Safari or whatever crappy "embedded browser" your app implemented. I use Edge because synced bookmarks, superior UI, etc.
3. Can't add a punctuation button to my keyboard without switching to a whole other keyboard.
4. Where the fuck is my wi-fi calling? I mean, I've got 5,000 minutes/month, and I never talk on the damn thing anyway, but that's not the point.
5. Also, where's the smart screen equivalent? Apple should invent the fuck out of that, given how well it works on Samsung phones (i.e. really well)
6. Why can't I sort a folder of apps alphabetically? Why can't I have folders inside folders? Goddammit Apple, get inventing!
7. The notch is not just dumb as shit, it's now dumb as retro shit. It'll be gone in the next iteration of iPhones, I predict.
8. Live wallpaper. Just... why? Only works on the lock screen, only when you press it, not impressive when you do. What use case is this addressing?
9. lol iCloud. I'm firmly in Microsoft's camp for online/cloud stuff, and thank fuck I am, because I'd be both broke and annoyed to fuck if I was dependent on Apple's half-arsed cloud shit.
10. The Move To iOS app should really have asked me if I wanted to move 5GB of pictures (which were already in my OneDrive) before (a) taking an age and (b) filling up my iCloud and making Apple send me emails exhorting me to spend money.
New Oh, thanks, I'm touched! ;-)
Hey, OTOH -- and in this case, to their benefit -- Apple probably didn't invent all of that either. :-D
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New What's smart screen?
--

Drew
New Re: What's smart screen?
Crafty thingy that looks at your incoming calls and uses magic to decide if it's spam/robocall/etc.

Works really well; every phone should have it.
New Ahh, didn't know the name
I've got a Pixel that flags calls as spam, so that might be a Google thing, not Samsung, or they may have a wrapper on it. Not that it matters, I virtually never answer calls from unknown numbers anyway.
--

Drew
New It's actually called Smart Call
New my elderly microsoft phone has a scam calling notification instead of the incoming number
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Well, Firefox is available as browser app.
But, I use it only on my MacBook.

Mozilla Aps
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     New phone time! - (pwhysall) - (21)
         Oh, iCloud. - (pwhysall)
         All these great ideas from Apple. - (CRConrad) - (7)
             Re: All these great ideas from Apple. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                 Not sure if they did in '07... Maybe if you went there and brought one with you, Doc? - (CRConrad) - (4)
                     Re: Not sure if they did in '07... Maybe if you went there and brought one with you, Doc? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                         Here's yer "context": "The mute switch remains one of" --->>> "Apple's" <<<--- "best ever ideas." -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             Re: Here's yer "context": "The mute switch remains one of" --->>> "Apple's" <<<--- "best ever ideas. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Dunno who does, but we know for sure who doesn't: Not the denizens of the RDF. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 My Palm Treo had a mute switch. HTH!! -NT - (Another Scott)
         I've got your mute button. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             Very droll - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 One does one's best. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Hey!! ..the exact Model I use when /no power, /Fires! etc. and none of the Hi-techno Works. - (Ashton)
         This Post Is Dedicated to CRC - (pwhysall) - (7)
             Oh, thanks, I'm touched! ;-) - (CRConrad)
             What's smart screen? -NT - (drook) - (4)
                 Re: What's smart screen? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     Ahh, didn't know the name - (drook) - (1)
                         It's actually called Smart Call - (pwhysall)
                     my elderly microsoft phone has a scam calling notification instead of the incoming number -NT - (boxley)
             Well, Firefox is available as browser app. - (a6l6e6x)

Has anyone seen the bridge?
86 ms