IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I wish this was fake.
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2020/jan/13/why-is-gwyneth-paltrow-selling-a-candle-that-smells-like-her-vagina-goop

But it's not the onion. It's the Guardian FFS, so it must, inconceivably, be real.

If you're in the market for this, I have a suggestion that might save you some money. Go down to your local fishmonger's and buy a carp. Leave it out for a couple days. Same fragrance at (I'm sure) a much lower cost.

Western Civilization has become an oxymoron.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Demur.
When such has entered an intimate garment ... after a few hours, say: I shall say nothing except,
maybe.. not Everyone has functioning pheromone sensors
--given the chemical effects of living in 2020--(so there may be some who Just Don't Get It).

Maybe there are even some {{sob}} who rarely experience endorphins too? I suspect that INCELS,
Nazis and similar: may never have experienced EITHER. We are amidst n-Zombies, so..

Carrion.
New is it a generic smell or her smell, dunno if I would want to pay to take a whiff but......
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Of course it's fake.
I mean, you can buy that candle, and it really is called that, but it actually smells of cedar and sandalwood etc. It doesn't actually smell of minge.

It's just called that so that people get all ventilated about it (like you just did), and drive engagement (good, bad - doesn't matter), and that adds value to the brand.

Far better to tackle Goop/Paltrow on the actually dangerous stuff they do (jade clunge eggs, the better with which to give yourself toxic shock), than this sort of ephemeral nonsense.
New Also, and above all, the Anti-Vacc BS.
AIUI, la Paltrow is pretty huge in anti-vaxxer circles. Makes her net worth as a human being decidedly negative, IMO.

But yeah, those stones ladies are supposed to shove up their... I've always thought the "health benefits" marketing drivel for those is just an alibi for other "benefits"; aren't these basically just "Geisha balls"[1] under another name?

---
1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Wa_balls
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New To be clear.
Of course I know the candle cannot possibly smell like her vagina. That she would market it as such I do not find depressing. What I find depressing is the fact that there are enough marching morons to purchase the product (for whatever reason) in a quantity sufficient for her to have "sold out" of them - at more than $75.00 per candle to boot. What I also find depressing is that the State of California had to sue her company over the false health and hygiene claims it made about shoving smooth stones into body orifices. Why did it come to that? How stupid can people be?
bcnu,
Mikem

New americans bug their Dr for drugs they saw on TV ads even tho it claims it may rot your taint
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New That's the ONE THING I don't understand about New Zealand.
Why do they allow prescription drug advertising to the public? The two of us are the only nations in the world that allow that. I get why we do: the part of our government that the banks and insurance companies don't own, the drug companies do. But New Zealand? WTF?
bcnu,
Mikem

New Naah, that only explains part of how your society works.
The Moff:
the part of our government that the banks and insurance companies don't own, the drug companies do.
There are many more owners. You're forgetting Big Tobacco, Big Oil, perhaps above all the Military-Industrial Complex, and probably a bunch more that don't come to mind right now.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Care to explain New Zealand?
bcnu,
Mikem

New Sheep. Hobbits. More sheep. HTH.
New It's a loophole in the laws.
That's the only explanation. I know that that sort of advertising is expressly prohibited in Australia, so I imagine it's just that in NZ it's well, not.

Wade.
New your suggestion puts me in mind of an old joke
The primordial couple having been created from dust and a rib, the Almighty has them sit through a Powerpoint presentation. “You’re going to really like this last section,” he tells them as he finishes up. “It’s about sexual intercourse.”

(They are clearly impressed.)

“So listen, kids, I’ve got some business to attend to upstairs.” (winks meaningfully) “I’ll be back in half an hour.”

God returns to find Adam lying against a rock, looking well-pleased, smoking a cigarette. “Where’s Eve?”

“She went down to the river to bathe.”

What?? Crikey, now all the fish are going to smell like that!”

defensively (this was told me by a woman! Honest!),
New :0)
bcnu,
Mikem

I wish this was fake. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
         Demur. - (Ashton)
         is it a generic smell or her smell, dunno if I would want to pay to take a whiff but...... -NT - (boxley)
         Of course it's fake. - (pwhysall) - (8)
             Also, and above all, the Anti-Vacc BS. - (CRConrad)
             To be clear. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                 americans bug their Dr for drugs they saw on TV ads even tho it claims it may rot your taint -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                     That's the ONE THING I don't understand about New Zealand. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         Naah, that only explains part of how your society works. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             Care to explain New Zealand? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Sheep. Hobbits. More sheep. HTH. -NT - (pwhysall)
                         It's a loophole in the laws. - (static)
         your suggestion puts me in mind of an old joke - (rcareaga) - (1)
             :0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

Sittin' on the Group W bench.
165 ms