IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ah, gotcha.
Yeah, with a cremation the bit in church is shorter and the ending may feel somewhat abrupt. There is of course (at least here in the Nordics) another ceremony to lower the ashes -- but that will of necessity have to be after burning, cooling down, raking out the oven and gathering up the ashes, etc, so usually not even on the same day.

The last three [=all the?] funerals I've attended have been cremations, but in at least one of them I only attended the first part... So, I should maybe have got that it was for practical reasons. But since I didn't, thanks for answering.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New I was surprised to learn it was to be a burial.
Most people go for cremation because burial plots are expensive and it's not a large cemetary. But Mum and Dad had purchased a double plot some years before when the cemetery had a sale (!).

We had considered a thanksgiving service afterward where we wouldn't be constrained by time but the logistics got too difficult.

Wade.
     So we laid my father to rest today. - (static) - (20)
         I feel for you, I'm going through that now. - (hnick) - (2)
             Condolences to both of you. It's hard. Remember the good times. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 So sorry for both of you. - (malraux)
         no words, my sympathies -NT - (boxley)
         Very sorry to hear that, Wade! - (a6l6e6x)
         Sorry too, that so much piling-on is happening. - (Ashton)
         Sorry to hear that. Dementia is very cruel, to the suffer and their family. -NT - (pwhysall)
         You have my sympathies as well. Take care of yourself. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Sincere condolences. Take care. -NT - (dmcarls)
         Understand how it is - and my condolences - (Andrew Grygus)
         The grieving will come in waves, I know. - (static)
         (Belated, sorry) Condolences, commiserations, sympathies. - (CRConrad) - (7)
             The sentiments are much appreciated. - (static) - (6)
                 There's a variant on cremation. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     My grandfather's wishes ... - (drook)
                     My sister's memorial is near the end of June. -NT - (malraux)
                 Ah, gotcha. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     I was surprised to learn it was to be a burial. - (static)
                 My belated condolences as well - (scoenye)
         I'm sorry to hear that Wade. - (jake123)

Nelson is one of those insulting, conceited, impatient, coffee-drinking, cell-phone-using, Jaguar-driving advertising executives that you find in only two places: the movies and real life. His motto is: Speed up and smell the coffee.
75 ms