IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New There's a variant on cremation.
My mother instructed me that she did not want a funeral or a viewing, that she wanted to be cremated. My mom was fairly stubborn about this, but I did ask her, "Well, how about if we have a memorial some time after the family's had a chance to grieve your passing? After all, the funeral isn't for you, is it? It's for the surviving family." She agreed. So roughly two months after her death, we had a memorial. A large turnout of the family was present and although there were some tears, most of the event surrounded sharing stories about my mother's life (many had never been known or heard but by a few family members) and more than a few laughs. My wife and kids then invited everyone to her house where we had a good old southern barbecue (my mom lived in NC).
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New My grandfather's wishes ...
He had several dogs. He said when he died to stick a bone up his ass and let the dogs drag him away and bury him. That wasn't legal in Pennsylvania ... we checked.

His wife died first, and after the service he didn't show at the gravesite. She had told him, "Don't come to the grave to say goodbye, I won't be there. Go fishing, I'll know where to find you."
--

Drew
New My sister's memorial is near the end of June.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     So we laid my father to rest today. - (static) - (20)
         I feel for you, I'm going through that now. - (hnick) - (2)
             Condolences to both of you. It's hard. Remember the good times. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 So sorry for both of you. - (malraux)
         no words, my sympathies -NT - (boxley)
         Very sorry to hear that, Wade! - (a6l6e6x)
         Sorry too, that so much piling-on is happening. - (Ashton)
         Sorry to hear that. Dementia is very cruel, to the suffer and their family. -NT - (pwhysall)
         You have my sympathies as well. Take care of yourself. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Sincere condolences. Take care. -NT - (dmcarls)
         Understand how it is - and my condolences - (Andrew Grygus)
         The grieving will come in waves, I know. - (static)
         (Belated, sorry) Condolences, commiserations, sympathies. - (CRConrad) - (7)
             The sentiments are much appreciated. - (static) - (6)
                 There's a variant on cremation. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     My grandfather's wishes ... - (drook)
                     My sister's memorial is near the end of June. -NT - (malraux)
                 Ah, gotcha. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     I was surprised to learn it was to be a burial. - (static)
                 My belated condolences as well - (scoenye)
         I'm sorry to hear that Wade. - (jake123)

Just a little peril?
61 ms