IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It could be worse.
We could be Britain. Boris is already rejecting European food safety standards and preparing the country for the importation of the hormone/antibiotic/beta agonist injected crap that we eat here after he and Trump negotiate a trade deal because FREEDOM! For all the jumping up and down idiots like Farage have been doing, they still haven't really left. All they've accomplished so far is removing their representation in the European Parliament. They're still going to pay the EU through the end of the year and they still have to abide by EU rules and regulations. But it's better, see, because they voluntarily abandoned their right to vote on anything in the EU Parliament.

In a perfect world, we'd send all the Republicans to Britain and in turn, they'd send all their Remainers here. Britain, populated only by Brexiteers, would be no worse off and we would be spectacularly better off.

Of course that won't happen, but one can still dream - at least until the demi-god Drumpf says we can't anymore.

I didn't think I'd live long enough to look back fondly on the days of Reagan, Bush I and Bush II. At least we had a functioning government back then (admittedly, by Bush II it was teetering on the brink). I do not see any way this government survives the soon-to-be-formalized treasonous act that the Senate is about to perform. It is macabre.

Senator Rubio summed up the cognitive dissonance well when he wrote, "Just because actions meet a standard of impeachment does not mean it is in the best interest of the country to remove a President from office."

It's not like we fought a war to protect ourselves from the rule of tyrants or anything. Am I right?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Rubio's piece is about as good as pure-sophistry+logic can do.. with/to Language
(I wot)

Such IS the problem with (the-use/abuse) of Language, at its best. The root-problem with all Language-usage seems to be ~ the absence of a common-to-all [Referent] for the meaning(s) of each. word. Boolean logic--so handy within the pedestrian needs of transistor-junction flip-flops--is only peripherally related to--whether in support or denial of an issue--sweet Reason in her pretty-blue dress.

So then.. never shall there Be a fucking-algorithm which ~"guarantees the %Truth-iness" within a proposition (or a mugging).
The Words CAN kill. us. [All]. under all circumstances of ~Pearls-before-swine-Class argumentation. But sans a quorum of The Reason-"ABLE" within the melee ???

Well, you know: we're within a crap-shoot somewhat comparable to Henrik Wilem Van Loon's cute simile:
If you put all of humanity within a [then!] 1-mile-size cube, perfectly-balancing this at the very edge of the Grand Canyon: a little dog can push it over the brink with his nose.

Oops, methinks I feel a sniffle coming on ... is it Chi's little bio-present to the world? angst about the nearly-successfully-choreographed overall Extinction?
..or just some 'bad piece of meat' within last night's supper.

I remain a steadfast-Believer! And next I Believe I'll smash the piggy-bank so to obtain a (smallest size bottle) of some $$single-malt Elixir, to be placed in the anachronistic glove-box of the Tesla-S (or better) locomotion-device, scored via liquidation of most of the Stuff. We're all just watching the daily-Maya, here anyway; What? Me Worry against the metaHumor of the ineffable cosmos?
New OTOH, Britain is still superior to the US.
(CNN) A planned UK tour by US evangelist Franklin Graham is in question after every venue booked by the preacher canceled planned appearances, following an outcry over his homophobic and Islamophobic comments.

Graham -- the son of preacher Billy Graham -- has called Islam "evil," attacked laws increasing rights for transgender people, and told his followers that the legalization of same-sex marriage was orchestrated by Satan.
Now, every venue booked by Graham as part of a lengthy summer tour of the UK has told him not to come.

An arena in Newcastle upon Tyne became the seventh and final venue to cancel his scheduled appearance on Wednesday. The move follows similar decisions by venues in other British cities, including Birmingham, Liverpool and Sheffield.

Graham, one of the most high-profile speakers in the US, is the president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and an outspoken supporter of US President Donald Trump, whose election he believes was enabled by God. Graham has spoken at multiple rallies held by Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/uk/franklin-graham-uk-tour-scli-intl/index.html
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Quite a lovely Q.E.D., innit? (UK may be hornswoggle-able by Prof-liar Pols), for a time
and a few prolly think the Universe (their's anyway) began 6K years ago, also too
but USA!/USA! remains the perfect storm of intransigent ignorance + gullibility: for The Win.

(Mayhap if there'd been an Indiginous-NRA), we could be peacefully smoking in magnificent tepees amidst flora and fauna).
..Gitt'em-up, Scout! ..Kimosabe.
     What dreams may come - (rcareaga) - (21)
         Seconded verbatim, of course. Incitatus: earns at least the laurel leaves ..great Theater :-รพ - (Ashton)
         It could be worse. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             Rubio's piece is about as good as pure-sophistry+logic can do.. with/to Language - (Ashton)
             OTOH, Britain is still superior to the US. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Quite a lovely Q.E.D., innit? (UK may be hornswoggle-able by Prof-liar Pols), for a time - (Ashton)
         Predictions - (pwhysall) - (12)
             Disagree. - (mmoffitt)
             *Recognition*.. over the next precious months determines everything here.. - (Ashton) - (10)
                 Re: *Recognition*.. over the next precious months determines everything here.. - (dmcarls) - (1)
                     never read a book where they are afraid to put out a synopsis -NT - (boxley)
                 STOP THAT! - (drook) - (7)
                     It's not the same 'THAT'. - (Ashton)
                     "as though they're too stupid to have seen it..." Point of Order. They *ARE* that stupid. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                         Watch again ... pay particular attention to the last 3 words -NT - (drook) - (4)
                             And the question? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 alas.. 'Stupid..' IS a grade-school epithet too-oft conflated with ignorance ..as can be addressed. - (Ashton)
                                 Misinformed and incurious - (drook)
                             Serendipity Strikes: on SciFri (!) re the core of these communications ... today - (Ashton)
         Next target: Amendment #22 -NT - (scoenye) - (2)
             sad, I had to look it up and you may be correct -NT - (boxley)
             Were 3/4th of States to ratify we'd already be in Hospice, just awaiting the form-of implosion. - (Ashton)

If I wanted conversations like that, I'd talk to my girlfriend on the phone.
147 ms