IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks.. confirms the Bizness-cheapening of this odd outfit (think I told that tale).
Have yet to determine what is resisting uncasing; if successful, your tip may cause me to do a bug-hunt for my magic elixir which deposits a functioning Ag coating, though unlikely to try.. the drops + wear on the crucial 3-points makes this a basket case. Can 'fix' anything techo, pretty much: but my Time is worth more than saving $10/yr: it likely goes to Recycle bin.

(At least--have already trained-self: always use butterfly-like force on that frictionless-ball);
save the Fucking-points! a bit longer :-)
Expand Edited by Ashton Feb. 4, 2020, 05:13:14 AM EST
New The days of plating contacts with gold are gone.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I was miffed
I'd decided to cut the cord after the predecessor stopped working altogether. That wasn't a cheap mouse and I wasn't about to let Logitech win ;-) (Given the options were pretty much forking over more $$$ to them or fall back to some no-name corded rodent.)

And there's one more nasty trick Logitech plays should you decide to look at cordless options: they heavily promote their Unifying receivers which can handle several peripherals. If you buy a combo, you'll get that Unifying receiver, but should you ever need to replace it and one piece of the combination*, you'll likely end up with a Nano receiver which cannot handle multiple devices.

* We used them in classrooms at $employer^1. The mice and receivers had a strong tendency to grow legs. We ordered a gross of replacement mice, same model number, and got useless lumps of plastic as the receivers couldn't pair with the remaining keyboards. All sad really, as we decided on Logitech because the battery life is miles ahead of anything else we evaluated.
     Trackballs are not ... ... Forever - (Ashton) - (8)
         If you make it to 3 years - (scoenye) - (3)
             Thanks.. confirms the Bizness-cheapening of this odd outfit (think I told that tale). - (Ashton) - (2)
                 The days of plating contacts with gold are gone. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 I was miffed - (scoenye)
         Never mastered trackballs - (rcareaga) - (3)
             Or touch pad! - (a6l6e6x)
             I don't have that muscle memory, but ... - (drook)
             Ahh.. I see. - (Ashton)

Shown here is a tranquil scene in the north woods. A beaver has just completed its dam, two black bears forage for food, a swallow-tailed butterfly flutters in the foreground, a loon swims quietly by, and a kingfisher searches for a tasty fish.
135 ms