IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OK: sports-fans; you have Got to listen to today's

Radiolab

American Football

Football is the most popular sport in the US, whether you love it or loathe it … it's a touchstone of the American identity. This hour, we tackle football; from its surprising beginnings to its possible demise.

Indians! ... America's original-Owners; brief tale of 'schooling efforts' of 'Muricans-then: to 'civilize' these 'savages' into docile-Murican-sheeple. They discover Football. OK sez the Principal IF you can ~beat-the-Best of {Whitey} .... First matchup w/ Yale (IIRC) and an Indian, in first-play: runs the ball all the way to a TD. ETC.

So if This (npr/however you get that, you oft FM-less rabble) fail to peep this? You. Are. No. 'Sports-fans' just lookers-on. Doubtless a podcast at Radiolab site for the radio-illiterate.

Enjoy.

Or. else..

PS: It's also a Rorschak test comparo: as to Why? one loves/hates ..is indifferent to FB. An unusual(!) family with n + many FB pros, on down to Four Year Olds-also-infected: will warm cockles of some hearts/seem hideous to others One neat line:
The (cognitive dissonance) that one emotionally Wants to be involved, while one's intellect tics off the Reasons Why-not: including one's Own scrambled-jelloware. Go figure. I can't. (Kinda like the Love? ... Hate? re DJT: there is NO middle-ground there.
Welcome to the 2020s ... 1) denouement for all or 2) a brilliant awakening to What Fools These Mortals Be [Puck sez] ..and how we can again become less-Fucking-Stupid. Let's do try for Door #2.
Expand Edited by Ashton Feb. 1, 2020, 06:09:10 PM EST
Expand Edited by Ashton Feb. 1, 2020, 06:11:07 PM EST
New If you didn't know that about the Indians, then you haven't seen this
--

Drew
New havent seen such a groundswell of dumpf since the election of trump only good thing
I was watching a hockey game at the time.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Knew Carlisle stor(ies) ..skipped much there as a primer for the asleep seeking 5 min of History 101
It's a sub-set of the adage, ~'Muricans try all sorts of cockamamie things, sometimes finally discovering one which works (then erase all the stories of the failures: in 'classes'). And like that.

On my plot I've found n spearheads; the best ones are the unbroken forms, also showing progress in the accuracy of their craft. On Day 1 here, I was well aware that my 'Deed' was bogus: stolen land, etc. As there are a couple rows of walnut trees, the nearby soil was not plowed over the years: that was where a little digging brought up some of that local history. Shallower an anachronism was excavated: a ~1" dia. swastika--not of any indigent style--modern alloy, etc. prompting wonderings of previous faux-Owners of the plot. They be dead now, so no provenance. Periodic flooding over decades (the creek) means there are likely other treasures yet to surface.

LIfe's a beach; we are merely fossils--along the way.
     OK: sports-fans; you have Got to listen to today's - (Ashton) - (3)
         If you didn't know that about the Indians, then you haven't seen this - (drook) - (2)
             havent seen such a groundswell of dumpf since the election of trump only good thing - (boxley)
             Knew Carlisle stor(ies) ..skipped much there as a primer for the asleep seeking 5 min of History 101 - (Ashton)

A hearty “Shalom amigos!” comes to mind.
40 ms