IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I don't have any answers. It is quite a mess.
I would say that it's hard to imagine Boeing ever earning back the faith so many of us had in them. I'd like to say I think it possible, but I'm not at all sure. With the general public, I think it nearly impossible. All one need do is look at the hysterical reaction to the DC-10. A maintenance crew uses a non-approved short-cut, the plane goes down taking all souls and somehow it's McDonnell-Douglas' fault? Yeah, I know about the poorly designed outward opening cargo doors, but that could have been fixed and it was a damned sight smaller engineering SNAFU than MCAS. Still, nobody ever wanted to fly on a DC-10 again.

My favorite commercial aircraft was the L10-11. But Lockheed and MD have both been out of the airliner bidness for quite some time now and aren't coming back. This could be the end of commercial aircraft manufacture in the States. Boeing could still be in business - for FedEx, UPS and whatever Bezos decides to do to put at least one of them out of business. But, I really believe that it could well be that Boeing is coming to the end of its construction of passenger aircraft to be put in commercial operation. And that means that the USA is coming to its end as well.

From my POV, all the signs point to "this is the end" and yet, somehow, I cannot really bring myself to believe that. I think one thing that could help is for Boeing to just cede the "medium range" aircraft market to Airbus. Somehow the 787 turned out to be a good aircraft despite the epic corruption and incompetency. I'd really like to see the "mid-range" market disappear for aircraft by being replaced with high speed electric rail. But, that's a pipe dream I've had since I was a tot.

In the end, I don't know any more than anyone else about what's going to happen with Boeing. I'm disappointed, of course, but not surprised. It is the Reagan Revolution and consequent mentality that "Wall Street is the economy" come home to roost. If you loosen your grip on the Capitalist Class at all, they will destroy anything and everything.

Commercial passenger aircraft manufacture is joining pensions, affordable housing prices and mortgages, educational institutions and healthcare on the list of things Wall Street and the vaunted shareholders have destroyed in this country. Next up, food.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New ..and perhaps Trump-ing that sober listicle:
The [por moi.. Fact] that the curtailing of All non-necessity air-travel--in big numbers--must occur. Because Climate.
Whilst the dis-US is foundering amidst serial liars + the entirely-malevolent-with-$$$: Eventually even US must needs realize:
It is, Do This Stuff or --> fucking-Die, like the pewling ignorant lemmings we Be.

(Pity though, all are accustomed to Comfort Über Alles in die welt: maybe the single largest hurdle to be ever-grugingly overcome)?
O.K. Life's a Byotch; get over it. [Either 'way']
New "Next up, food"? Isn't that where they started?
- Steady supply of workers you can report to INS/ICE every few months so no worries about them getting uppity,
- "Criticize us and we'll sue you into oblivion" laws, 1st Amendment be damned,
- Antibiotics a-go-go (direct path to human multi-resistant pathogen strains),
- Continent-wide contaminations so common they barely cause a blip in the news cycle,
New Yeah ..I have to stop at 4, 5 not-intransigent/soluble problems
while betting that about anyone here could list 100 (easily) of similar ilk/large or small-scale: were there the Will, after acquiring related facts and likely already known: n-Ways to approach same.

But you can't spread-'Will' after a pandemic of language murder has further dulled the Camps into belief that there are alt-facts; pick what-soothes-you.
Eerie, innit?
     Mike.. any opinion on ~the-State-of Boeing's trajectory/now? - (Ashton) - (4)
         I don't have any answers. It is quite a mess. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             ..and perhaps Trump-ing that sober listicle: - (Ashton)
             "Next up, food"? Isn't that where they started? - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Yeah ..I have to stop at 4, 5 not-intransigent/soluble problems - (Ashton)

Hi, my name is Linus Torvalds, and I pronounce "LRPD" as "LRPD".
83 ms