IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah...
I set up our home Wifi pasword decades ago. It was in ASCII, but somewhere along the line it ended up getting changed to the "equivalent" hexadecimal. It was thus a bazillion characters to enter, but it was fine.

Over the holidays, J's sister visited us for a few days and set up her new Samsung phone to use it as she has with previous phones and laptops over the years. Wifi password - type in a bazillion characters. No wifi connection. Look for typos. None. Try typing it in again... No connection.

In the past we never paid attention to whether the letters were upper case or not. Try the other case... Success!!

:-/

At least it only took a few minutes to fix! She had visions of something being wrong with the phone...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks for tip! Answers a weirdness por moi, too.
Periodically get an 'Apple' gratuitous message box, "Need PW for ashtonXXX": a remnant of Cloud-stuff. Type it in as in my Book: No Sale. Irrelevant as I no i-fone in use. But there's always Tomorrow.. (and those work from one's temporary cave bolt-hole too, I guess).

You mentioned the ascii f'ing NON-'conversion' glitch I hadn't heard about. GMTA! :-)
     a small victory over a stubborn problem - (rcareaga) - (10)
         Yeah... - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Thanks for tip! Answers a weirdness por moi, too. - (Ashton)
         No suggestions; reminder though. - (Ashton)
         Aside - (pwhysall) - (6)
             whatchu need a mua for anyways a real techie will download mail via cmd line from the mta -NT - (boxley)
             Apropos: had, just (on schedule) rebooted OSX-mail ... - (Ashton)
             LRPD appears to support your dudgeon - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Ah! Some of my elder statements still live! -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                 "Build a 10-mile high titanium wall around the whole shebang." -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                     Keep it Techno: "12V at mucho amps, etc." :-รพ (Had Senators the savoir-faire of an LRPDee?), well.. -NT - (Ashton)

Mmmmmmm.... Nemo!
133 ms