(As is often the case) I join you in the ..What!? .. kaleidoscopic hologram of possible local-World-next? … as an overview [.each .day] of the incessant pukka selected-madness: engulfs all the meeja + mouth-noises of the millions of perps -vs- anti-perps. (But concision escapes modeling the magnitude of our Clusterfuck)

I see/feel no chance that extrapolation-FROM within-chaos is anything but ... [cf. a quip mentioned past] by Lord Peter Wimsey within his long-running PBS mystery-series; specifically the episode, Murder must Advertise. The ad-jingle ends with phrase … “flat, stale and unprofitable”. The FIX *IS* {already} IN. Since I do take seriously the constellation of consequences from: “When.. actually seen to be fait accompli", that, Language has been murdered pre meditatively” aka, by successful Design—as was crafted by ∑-IT/now-automated processes.

Eloquence/ thus, becomes tossed-into-the stinking sound-barrel with the (new! personally-crafted) small-group precision-of-targeting, of the surgeon’s scalpel: within the ‘operating theatres’ all about—these crafted by the Top-Greediest æries of purest $$$-malevolence, as any one of us Can imagine. Confucius WAS dead-Right in his brief reply to the query, “Why should language be correct?” as he ticked-off the ineluctable horrors as would ensue if we allowed Language-itself to be subverted (into doggerel.. any pissant synonym will do).

If we are not There? … then there’s no There there! (that smarmy dismissal of Oakland CA by denizens of the smugly pretentious-SF ‘Paris of the West’).
Only purest-LUCK (a god worthy of our offering daily pæns toward) might alter the trigonometry of the said ‘ineluctable horrors’, I wot.

So then, PUNK: are ya feelin Lucky?
[did I fire five .. six?! shots from the most powerful handgun] etc. Perhaps we'recollectively that *character from long-vanished Smokey Stover© comic, Mr. Mxtyplk (?sp)
* the character had a perpetual rain-cloud-over-head (Mr. Gurdjieff hired! such-a-one to be contrarian/to keep-awake his students, via his incessant BS-in-the-mix).
er, Hmmm, has it even local applications?

tl;dr.. Yes there IS 'luck' but as you opine: only for an iffy-period of respite (within which ... some/too-many! wouldst lapse) into Unicorns and flying-cars
as They Shop even More. For 5000# 'cars' like it was 1971.