IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Facebook Exec claims credit for electing Trump.
A Facebook executive who backed Hillary Clinton's 2016 election campaign told colleagues in an internal memo last month that the platform could ultimately be responsible for President Trump's reelection.

In the memo, Facebook VP Andrew Bosworth wrote that the Trump campaign's use of Facebook's advertising tools were responsible for Trump's win in the 2016 presidential election. The company's political advertising platform, he added, "very well may lead to the same result" this year.
"As a committed liberal I find myself desperately wanting to pull any lever at my disposal to avoid the same result," Bosworth said in the memo. But he laid out his philosophical objections to any theoretical attempt at intervening. "As tempting as it is to use the tools available to us to change the outcome, I am confident we must never do that or we will become that which we fear."

"So was Facebook responsible for Donald Trump getting elected? I think the answer is yes, but not for the reasons anyone thinks," Bosworth wrote. "He didn't get elected because of Russia or misinformation or Cambridge Analytica. He got elected because he ran the single best digital ad campaign I've ever seen from any advertiser. Period."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/07/tech/boz-trump-facebook/index.html

Set aside for a moment the plainly obvious bullshit, handwaving defense he offers in defense of that which made him rich, there's a blindingly obvious remedy to this: ban all political advertisements from Facebook by law. Whatever else it is, it's clear to even the most myopic that Facebook is not a credible source of information on any topic. It shouldn't be in the business of influencing our elections.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Sign me up: it needs a Viral-machine Ad-set next.
New also ban all political ads from TV books, magazines etc
not gonna happen, cable companies and others salivate at political season, FB is no different
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Au contraire, mon frere. FB is *OBVIOUSLY* different.
There is no vetting of anything on FB. There's no editorial board for FB. In fact, the Chief Sociopath in Charge testified to Congress that he thinks it's *good for the public* to see political ads containing lies and distortions on his platform.

No respectable newspaper or magazine would tolerate that.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New bwahahahaha! come watch my tv sometime
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New a long-ago ditty comes to mind..
... .... ... ... .... ... .... ...
So let's all cease to think and read
Watch Tee Vee and go to seed

(I think we're There already; if author had a Plan for that? s/he failed to lay it on us).
You, of course are an auto-contrarian ... flip-coin/no brainz required: 0-sum.
     Facebook Exec claims credit for electing Trump. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
         Sign me up: it needs a Viral-machine Ad-set next. -NT - (Ashton)
         also ban all political ads from TV books, magazines etc - (boxley) - (3)
             Au contraire, mon frere. FB is *OBVIOUSLY* different. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 bwahahahaha! come watch my tv sometime -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     a long-ago ditty comes to mind.. - (Ashton)

Good ... bad ... I'm the guy with the gun.
78 ms