IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Do iOS repair tools work?
I've got an iPhone X stuck in a boot loop. There are lots of tools out there from $15 - $50 saying they can repair the issue. But from reading the description, it looks like they just wrapped the firmware update functionality that's already in iTunes.

Do they actually do anything that makes them worth the money?
--

Drew
New Haven't had an iPhone since my 6S+, but I'm still gonna say "no".
Side note: if Apple does go full button/portless, it's gonna make getting into DFU mode (or whatever it's called these days) a whole heap of fun :D
New havent worked on one since 3g but look at the jailbreak sites, they may have some info
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Dunno. I assume you've seen this?
New Yup
After pricing out repair options, I just ordered her a new Android phone - Moto G7. Mostly better specs than the 10X it's replacing, and cheaper than the best estimate for a repair.
--

Drew
New Sell it for parts
People pay good money for iPhones for parts scavenging.
New eBay, here I come
--

Drew
New Yup..
Once I snagged a GHz-level TDR kinda Tektronix thingie for $150. (Time-domain-reflectometer)
Because the seller had spelled it, "Techtronix" (or it would have garnered a slice of a Maybe $4K Retail, from someone) but in defense re
cheating the poor bastard: while clearly he'd snatched it off a palette of surplus-to-lab Govt. sales, for a pittance
--neither did I know what its then-cost was, when I bid.

(I have on occasion sent-Moar than 'price'--as when a neophyte left in pouch "testing-probes"
worth prolly a C-note, with a scope bought; guy's ad was sane and description accurate, etc.

aka 'What Goes around -->' keeps us Honest-er.
(Not un-lovely on such occasions are the, Geez ..Thanks! replies--endorphins for all. :-)

Happy obeisance-to-Mammon. ;^>
     Do iOS repair tools work? - (drook) - (7)
         Haven't had an iPhone since my 6S+, but I'm still gonna say "no". - (pwhysall)
         havent worked on one since 3g but look at the jailbreak sites, they may have some info -NT - (boxley)
         Dunno. I assume you've seen this? - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Yup - (drook) - (3)
                 Sell it for parts - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     eBay, here I come -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         Yup.. - (Ashton)

Welcome to those that can stand it.
73 ms