IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One for MM re Boeing.
Boeing's Starliner test capsule fails in space station mission:

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (Reuters) - Boeing Co’s new astronaut capsule on Friday failed to reach the orbit of the International Space Station, U.S. space agency NASA said, cutting short a critical unmanned test mission in the embattled aerospace giant’s race to send humans to the station.

The CST-100 Starliner astronaut capsule successfully launched from Cape Canaveral in Florida, but an automated timer error, which Boeing could not immediately account for, prevented the spacecraft from reaching the orbit that would have put it on track to meet up with the space station.

The debut journey to the space station was a milestone test for Boeing (BA.N), which is vying with SpaceX to revive NASA’s human spaceflight capabilities. SpaceX’s Crew Dragon capsule carried out its unmanned test flight to the space station in March.

The thwarted mission took place as Boeing, whose shares dropped about 1% in afternoon trading, sought an engineering and public relations win in a year punctuated by a corporate crisis over a ban on its 737 MAX jetliner following fatal crashes.

Boeing officials told a news conference that it was too early to determine the exact cause of the glitch. The effect it would have on Starliner’s designs and possible testing requirements before its manned mission can take place was also not unclear.

[...]

Much more at the link.

Space stuff is hard, but Boeing really needs to get its act together.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks and agree.
There are other links here concerning Boeing's 737Max debacle that point to what I consider the "root cause" of Boeing's problems. Even in your quote, the ugly head of that cause is present: "Boeing, whose shares dropped about 1% in afternoon trading..."

What does the share price have to do with anything? For far too long in this country the "value" of a company and its products has been defined solely by the price a bunch of twats on Wall Street are willing to "bet" on them. No. It is *NOT* investment. It is gambling that you, as a Wall Street twat can convince another Wall Street twat to pay more than you did.

Until we abandon that idiotic notion and impoverish all those Wall Street twats, I don't see anything improving much.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New I want to disagree with you
--

Drew
New ...but can't?
Seeing as how you couldn't find anything to put in the body of your post, I mean.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Yup
--

Drew
     One for MM re Boeing. - (Another Scott) - (4)
         Thanks and agree. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             I want to disagree with you -NT - (drook) - (2)
                 ...but can't? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Yup -NT - (drook)

I'm surprised you can legally sell chili that bad.
72 ms