1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not independent contractors, big shops like ILM
At least that's what I've read online.
--

Drew
New Yep. If you don't know if you need it, then you don't need it.
Takes hours to do production based on 8K raw because it has to be converted to even edit it. The video card in the new Pro lets them edit it as-is.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Curious re modrin 'optics' creation costs in mere-$
Have you a number for say, a one minute display of finished er, 'product': in (wo)man-hours {days!?}
of Pro-grade diligent work, done Rihgt? the first time.
(Not necessarily re a 'one-minute flic' but a slice of the overall cradle--> Ship It!--> (in some instances) grave.

I mean.. all have some sense of the labor-intensive work by the N massively underpaid elves at Disney in any of the spectacular flics done from cels;
likely those in the game today have mental chronologies of the steps which evolved since, but so much bloviation occurs in the hearsay: I'd guess that you 'Know', sans PR.

T'anks. (I almost saved a key-stroke!)

I can't imagine what numbers would go with a flic such as Amadeus, minute by minute up to Release date; prolly inapplicable as so much-Else was happening concurrently.
(Might as well try to find contemporary-VS-then $/hour re Da Vinci's any opus.) We can see that Van Gogh got bumpkis.
Strange 'minds': Ours. LIke 'IQ', $$$-vs-'Value' is false-on-inspection, eh?

Ed: Grave LRPD sez:
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
..Chastened.
Expand Edited by Ashton Dec. 20, 2019, 05:05:31 PM EST
New Here's someone speaking from experience
We don't deal with 8K at Waymark, but there is a video production company next door that is probably considering one of these.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-the-mac-pro-has-revolutionized-video-editing/

“The real pain is that you can’t look at your work at full resolution. I can’t tell exactly how sharp an image is, or the noise structure, or the tones from light to dark or color gradations, to the same degree as when it’s rendered. You’re not maximizing the quality of your imagery. On the iMac Pro, that was set to half or quarter resolution at all times.”

Laforet says that with the Mac Pro, he’s able to playback his RED clips in 8K at full resolution while color correcting or editing. For the first time, he doesn’t have to wait until after exporting to see the fine details of what his camera lens captured.

That increase in performance doesn’t just help him get his work more efficiently. According to Laforet, it’s a relief on the post-production process that actually inspires him to get out and keep shooting.
Regards,
-scott
New Perfect/thanks! ... ∑~ 'NOW I can SEE-now perzackly what I got.. with the stuff I Gots (!!)' Eh?
New "Truly you are Earth's greatest customer."
Regards,
-scott
     Mac Pro - (rcareaga) - (8)
         Those top-end systems are for media pros - (drook) - (7)
             Heh, no. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                 Not independent contractors, big shops like ILM - (drook) - (5)
                     Yep. If you don't know if you need it, then you don't need it. - (malraux) - (4)
                         Curious re modrin 'optics' creation costs in mere-$ - (Ashton) - (3)
                             Here's someone speaking from experience - (malraux) - (2)
                                 Perfect/thanks! ... ∑~ 'NOW I can SEE-now perzackly what I got.. with the stuff I Gots (!!)' Eh? -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     "Truly you are Earth's greatest customer." -NT - (malraux)

YOU are gonna lecture ME on 'clear prose'?
124 ms