IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The shut off valves probably just leak very slowly . . .
. . as valves tend to do. They shut off well enough for temporarily disabling an appliance, and don't leak enough to pose a danger, but a line out of service should be capped. Your gas lines have very little reserve pressure, so even a tiny leak would have a big effect.
New Thanks. Original installers are coming Friday.
When I told him what I'd heard about the cut-off switches he laughed and said they do it all the time and crank the pressure up to 30 pounds and it holds it for hours with no issues. He said I obviously had a leak, but they'd find it and repair it.

It's naturally a T & M job. But, hey, it's only money. ;0(

p.s. From what I gather, natural gas is delivered to the house at 0.25 pounds per sq. in. The "test" in our area puts pressure 40 times normal on the system. I also understand that in California, the pressure test is even higher. Which makes sense, given California's proclivity for fires. (I kid, I kid).
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New agree
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Anybody know anything about home gas lines? - (mmoffitt) - (14)
         The shut off valves probably just leak very slowly . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             Thanks. Original installers are coming Friday. - (mmoffitt)
             agree -NT - (boxley)
         I know this about gas - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Well, ... - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Believe that's called, "Eating your own dog-food" (?) :-þ - (Ashton)
             +7 ..that's a good overall-Koan for lots of 'matters' :-) - (Ashton)
         Having just switched gas suppliers... - (scoenye) - (3)
             Thanks. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Good luck! Winter is not over. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 Hope you kept them away from the water lines... - (scoenye)
         Solved. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Woot! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Coleridge? /edited: "Drip, drip drip on My cold grey stones oh /Sea malignant old pipes.." -NT - (Ashton)

It's watching you from across the way...
74 ms